Seedling help please...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

These seedlings are mostly 18 days from seed and the ChemDD are 21 days. They were about 6" from the T5 lights (now raised to 12"). Watered with RO water (ph 6.2) only (started calmag yesterday). I am not sure if these spots are some sort of defeciancy or heat/light stress?? I did not have a fan blowing on them until yesterday. What is interesting is that I have several phenos of different strains going and it seems about 1 pheno of each different strain is showing this...pictured are ROG, ChemDD, Chemberry, OrangeChem,Alien Kush, White Urkel, etc. I am thinking it is some sort of deficiancy, since the signs are usually showing on each plant that is furthest along in growth. I was planning to start feeding quarter strength nutes on day 21, probably should have started the Calmag way sooner than yesterday. I think it is a Calmag issue, but I'm sure one of you pro's will take a quick look and know right away.

Thanks in advance :pimp:

Seedlinghelp1
Seedlinghelp2
Seedlinghelp3
H

haze89

Iron deficiency:
- Pronounced interveinal chlorosis similar to that caused by magnesium deficiency but on the younger leaves.
-Leaves exhibit chlorosis (yellowing) of the leaves mainly between the veins, starting with the lower and middle leaves.

I've never had an Iron deficiency in my plants so I couldn't tell you from first hand experience that this is it for sure. It seems to match the description. Hope this helps.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks to me that it is where leaves were overlapping and it created hot spots and burned the leaves a bit (due to condensation between the leaves).Or it could be as simple as you splashed water on them.
Considering there are a few different strains there and the size of the plants, i doubt it is a nute deficiency.
Is that soil there in, or a soiless medium?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
did they maybe dry out at all the top right one looks like it may have. since your using R/O water now that you added cal-mag which also has iron you should fix the problem. since its at the bottom and working its way up the plant i would think its be more likely to be magnesium or calcium deficiency then iron. also with magnesium leaves will get brittle and curl upwards and die off also will have purple stems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those look straight-up burned. Ca/Mg deficiencies look a hell of a lot like imbalances and those look nothing like that. Leaf edges/margins are what are typically affected when considering a Ca/Mg issue.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

not burned since in soiless and not fed for 21 days, I think calmag will help, I wouldn't worry, they look fine to me and will grow right out of it, pluck any leaf that is 1/2 or more damaged so energy can focus on healthy new growth

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Physically burned, as in heat or light. Not nutrient burned. This looks like no Ca/Mg issue I've ever seen. <shrug>

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I was considering since t5's probably not, I have seen this on seedlings I had that weren't warm enough though now that I think about it

jh420, what are ur temps in the room and at plant level?

B

bigleek

looks like water marks, cold water left on leaf is then heated up=burnt

W

woodie1369

Dont know what it is ,but I had a plant that looked just like that and I flushed the hell out of it and it still died.all the leaves twisted and dried up crumbled I tried everything to save this plant and it still died???Oh my plant was about the same age and hieght and all.

C

CAPO

hey jh!!

probably some stress from being in cups.....I'm like Boots as I think they will recover fine if plucked and transplanted. ....I solved my "small plant problems" by switching to Seed starter mixed with Ocean Floor for cups and have learned to transplant sooner. Just because those plants are short does not mean those roots after 3 weeks aren't bound up in the bottom of the cups and as soon as the bottoms dry out...ouch!
I use Ocean Floor and RO in early veg and don't need any nutes. I don't even mess with the PH until they get big enough to need a feeding.

JH420

JH420

Big ups for all the feedback guys! Had no internet access last few days but I'm now back and happy to report the babies are back on track. I started giving them CalMag around the time I made the post and it seems to have helped...none of the plants are getting worse! Also a half strength nute feeding didn't hurt either. A transplant will come shortly, I was shocked to see the roots on these plants after only a couple weeks in beer cups. I am fairly certain it the problem could be narrowed down to a lack of CalMag and root space. I don't think it was a heat issue because the biggest/fastest growing plants were the ones affected (temps around 80 under the light). Interestingly enough it seems like the largest plant of each pheno I have showed the symptoms...not an issue I could say was strain specific so I knew it was something on my end I was doing wrong.

urbanite420

urbanite420

hey jh!!

probably some stress from being in cups.....I'm like Boots as I think they will recover fine if plucked and transplanted. ....I solved my "small plant problems" by switching to Seed starter mixed with Ocean Floor for cups and have learned to transplant sooner. Just because those plants are short does not mean those roots after 3 weeks aren't bound up in the bottom of the cups and as soon as the bottoms dry out...ouch!
I use Ocean Floor and RO in early veg and don't need any nutes. I don't even mess with the PH until they get big enough to need a feeding.

That's right, i got an Alien OG seedling 2 inches tall with 6 inches of root underneath. Transplanted today..again

Latest posts

Top Bottom