Seedling Help

• Thread starter JustStartedD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

This dude was perfectly up yesterday and I woke up this morning and it was like this. I had a plant die similar to this but due to excess heat. My temp in the room is 70-82 any ideas why it could've fell over ?

Seedling help
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

How much light is on it? Too much maybe.
1000w led from about 32" inches. The thing is I got 6 other plants in there and they're all growing perfectly fine. That was the only one to drop to the side

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

It could be the way you water it. If the flow of water gets too intense for seedlings it can shift the soil also known as trenching. And because the seedling has a very small root base when the soil shifts it's like an earthquake and it falls over just very carefully pat down your soil to make it stand up and if it still wants to fall over when it gets older you can either get a plastic fork and break the handle short and stick it facing up in your soil and lay the stem in it so it props it up or you could get a plastic straw and cut it the right length then cut it long ways so you can open it up then wrap it around the stem to prop it up. The straw will also add additional protection from certain pests

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

It could be the way you water it. If the flow of water gets too intense for seedlings it can shift the soil also known as trenching. And because the seedling has a very small root base when the soil shifts it's like an earthquake and it falls over just very carefully pat down your soil to make it stand up and if it still wants to fall over when it gets older you can either get a plastic fork and break the handle short and stick it facing up in your soil and lay the stem in it so it props it up or you could get a plastic straw and cut it the right length then cut it long ways so you can open it up then wrap it around the stem to prop it up. The straw will also add additional protection from certain pests
Thanks ! I figured that could be it. I watered them last night before I went to bed. But I use a garden sprayer so it doesn't put out too much water at once. That might've been the issue because all the other plants are fine. I propped it with some plant tie I'm waiting to see what it does. Also can u give me any info on cal mag. I've never used the product was wondering if it's safe to use on seedlings and a 2 week old plant I've been growing

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Honestly I dont start feeding my seedling until the very first set of leaves that comes out (the round ones) start to yellow, and I start at half strength. But yes I've used calmag from general organics and it worked well with the rest of their line

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Honestly I dont start feeding my seedling until the very first set of leaves that comes out (the round ones) start to yellow, and I start at half strength. But yes I've used calmag from general organics and it worked well with the rest of their line
I dont really use nutrients. I mixed up a soil batch and the only thing I've really fed them is recharge and seaweed extract one of my plants is bigger Han the rest do you think I should start using it on that one ?

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Yeah I would give full strength to be honest which is 5ml

Last edited:
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Yeah I would give full strength to the big knee which is 5ml
I mixed up a gallon of water 4.5 ml of cal mag and 15 ml of seaweed and 1/4 tsp of ReCharge. Should be alright ? And the bigger plant looks bigger. I've been trying to send y another picture but it won't let me upload it

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Honestly have no idea what's in recharge but if the ratios are right they're right. I would use some sort of beneficial microbes too though since you're in soil. Mammoth p works great. At least that's what I've used in combination with my regular nutes and its helped a lot from what I saw when I started using it

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Honestly have no idea what's in recharge but if the ratios are right they're right. I would use some sort of beneficial microbes too though since you're in soil. Mammoth p works great. At least that's what I've used in combination with my regular nutes and its helped a lot from what I saw when I started using it
These are all the ingredients in the product.

19322533 B8D7 4DA0 9E9D 982886CDD538
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Looks like it's just a microbe booster. So basically once your plant eats the nutes in the soil you're going to have to add base nutes

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Looks like it's just a microbe booster. So basically once your plant eats the nutes in the soil you're going to have to add base nutes
What would I add? I don't think it'll need much bytes for a while and I plant to transplant to a 5 gal pot in a week and 1/2. New soil unused nutrients

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

You're going to want to add something with an NPk ratio of 3-1-2 for veg. And as for micronutes they usually come bundled in one bottle. Find npk ratio that I told you, add calmag at the ratio it says to then add your micro nutes, and your recharge. What I would do is feed your npk with your micronutes, then the next watering give it your recharge and calmag then do a plain water letting it dry between each one

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

You're going to want to add something with an NPk ratio of 3-1-2 for veg. And as for micronutes they usually come bundled in one bottle. Find npk ratio that I told you, add calmag at the ratio it says to then add your micro nutes, and your recharge. What I would do is feed your npk with your micronutes, then the next watering give it your recharge and calmag then do a plain water letting it dry between each one
What would u recommend for the 3-1-2?

Top Bottom