Seedling Issue

• Thread starter ianpem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ianpem

ianpem

hi everyone this is my first post and first grow. my seedlings popped out of the soil 7 days ago and were looking good but they are discolouring now and don't look very good. I am using a 3 x 3 tent ventilated to outside. I have a g8led450 grow/bloom light and I have a cfl tube. the led is high and I have it on for 18hours. it is high about 30-36inches above the seedling nd the cfl is a couple of inches above the plants. the led had been running more to keep the tent warm than for light which is why it is as high as it is. I germinated the seeds in paper towel then put the sprouted seeds in 3" peat pots with happy frog soil. I have been watering with ro water without any nutes. the discolouration started a couple of days ago. I will post a picture of the two plants.

Seedling issue
Seedling issue 2
Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Not dead yet, could be cold (purple stem), probably overwatered, but still breathing. Welcome and good luck!

ianpem

ianpem

Not dead yet?!?, uh oh. Any suggestions to help or am I just doomed.

Madbud

Madbud

Not dead yet?!?, uh oh. Any suggestions to help or am I just doomed.
Let it dry out, wait til the pot feels light in your hand. Seedlings dont really need much other than light and warmth.

ianpem

ianpem

Do you think they will survive and if so will they recover and be produce

Madbud

Madbud

Do you think they will survive and if so will they recover and be produce
Should survive, the peat pots will draw some of the water, moisture meters are cheap at any hardware store. I think overwatering is really the only problem, especially with foxfarms, a “hot” soil. Cool temps turn the stem purple but even high 40s fahrenheit wont kill them. Be patient.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Looks like you over watered it. Let it dry out until the soil is dry a couple inches down into the pot.when it's at least this dry then give it a little water. You can use a spray bottle and give it a couple sprays, seedlings dont need a lot of water. Be careful sticking your finger in it to check because of how small the pot and plant is, you dont want to damage the plant.

ianpem

ianpem

Thanks guys I will keep you posted.
Ok I haven’t watered at all since yesterday morning. The soil looks very dry I will water with a spray bottle tomorrow morning. The second set of leaves are much more developed and look really healthy, nice green colour and well formed. That goes for both plants .

Top Bottom