Seedling Issues In Dwc

• Thread starter Thegatorade
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thegatorade

I’m having a ton of issues with growing I’m a new grower attempting my second grow im noticing my seedlings starting great in rock wool then about after a week into the DWC bubble bucket I’m getting brown and orange spots can someone please help confirm the issue I’m thinking cal mag issue even though I’m using tap

Seedling issues in dwc
SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

well Not sure of your situation,but my best advice,grow in soil,much more forgiving then any sort of Hydro..
and i will leave the diagnosis of your Poor baby to someone with more knowledge on Hydro..

DGP

DGP

I find hydro quite easy and quite simple but maybe that's just me.

Post up your environmental conditions such as water temp, PH, nutrients used, ppm, lighting, air temp. humidity and so on. Sometimes when you are new to hydro if something goes sideways it can help to purge the system and start with fresh water, nutes and ph, but first let us know the conditions of your environment etc. Hopefully you have more seeds in case they don't recover but lets hope you can recover them with some simple changes. Don't freak out everyone struggles from time to time but especially during the first few grows.

Dee

T

Thegatorade

I find hydro quite easy and quite simple but maybe that's just me.

Post up your environmental conditions such as water temp, PH, nutrients used, ppm, lighting, air temp. humidity and so on. Sometimes when you are new to hydro if something goes sideways it can help to purge the system and start with fresh water, nutes and ph, but first let us know the conditions of your environment etc. Hopefully you have more seeds in case they don't recover but lets hope you can recover them with some simple changes. Don't freak out everyone struggles from time to time but especially during the first few grows.

Dee
Temp is 79-81 F
Water 69
Light MH 600w
Humidity 50%
Ppm 170 (tap)
Blue planet nutes haven’t added yet
PH 5.6-5.8

DGP

DGP

Temp is 79-81 F
Water 69
Light MH 600w
Humidity 50%
Ppm 170 (tap)
Blue planet nutes haven’t added yet
PH 5.6-5.8

Everything seems alright with those numbers except with babies that size usually I go at least 250 ppm with veg nutes but sometimes more like 350. However, it is always strain dependent. Are you pretty sure the water temp never goes above 70F? How do your roots look? Nice and white or are they turning a brownish color or show any signs of sliminess? In veg I would say ph should be more like 6.2-6.4 and when you flower drop it to 5.8ish.

How far above the plants is your light?

Not sure but it very well could be some kind of deficiency since you are not adding any nutes. The 170 ppm that is in your tap water is most likely mostly calcium and magnesium salts which the plants need but they also need other minerals and micro-nutrients.

Dee

Top Bottom