Seedling not forming properly

• Thread starter WildFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WildFarmer

Hi, i have two seedlings growing with half leaves, is this an issue, what can it be?

Seedling not forming properly
Seedling not forming properly 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Have had a few of those, not sure exactly what specifically causes it is but it usually corrects itself in the next few sets of leaves.

Once I notice what you're displaying in that picture I put the plant through a little checklist to make sure everything is correct, and from there I only let it alone, so I would recommend recheck your procedures, also you might want to water that whole pot, looks kind of dry?

W

WildFarmer

Have had a few of those, not sure exactly what specific cause it is but it usually corrects itself in the next few sets of leaves. Once I notice what you're displaying in that picture I put the plant through a little checklist to make sure everything is correct, and from there I only let it alone, so I would recommend recheck your procedures also you might want to water that whole pot, looks kind of dry?
Alright thanks a lot man!

tweedy

tweedy

Hi, i have two seedlings growing with half leaves, is this an issue, what can it be?

For what it's worth (and they might be totally unrelated but it is the great outdoors so a lot of variables at play) I noticed this on a handful of starts this season and the only other noticeable issue other than that was damping off.

Make sure to check your stem and look for any signs of damage post emergence.

If it ends up being that, water with some garlic water and or something copper based. It'll help fight off the fungal infection until it is big enough to take care of itself.

Good luck with it!

W

WildFarmer

For what it's worth (and they might be totally unrelated but it is the great outdoors so a lot of variables at play) I noticed this on a handful of starts this season and the only other noticeable issue other than that was damping off.

Make sure to check your stem and look for any signs of damage post emergence.

If it ends up being that, water with some garlic water and or something copper based. It'll help fight off the fungal infection until it is big enough to take care of itself.

Good luck with it!
Alright thanks for the help!

Top Bottom