Seedling not Thriving in Coco

• Thread starter Vesti Bule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

Hello All,

The seedling in pic sprouted out of coco a little over a week ago. It has not grown much at all in the last couple of days, and is gradually getting lighter in color. Any thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks,
Seedling not thriving in coco

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

shes hungry
what ph are you watering at?
coco has not nutes by itself so give here some N

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

LB thanks for the post. Yea, that's kind of what I thought. I gave her some weak compost tea, but that was apparently not enough. PH was just shy of neutral - around 6.8 if memory serves.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

LB thanks for the post. Yea, that's kind of what I thought. I gave her some weak compost tea, but that was apparently not enough. PH was just shy of neutral - around 6.8 if memory serves.
probably a bit high for coir
are you able to adjust it?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd start out around 300ppm/0.6-0.7ec of a quality complete base nutrient and a ph of 5.8-6.0 every feeding with plenty of runoff.

What brand of coco you use makes a difference how its treated early on too. What brand are you using?

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

I'd start out around 300ppm/0.6-0.7ec of a quality complete base nutrient and a ph of 5.8-6.0 every feeding with plenty of runoff.

What brand of coco you use makes a difference how its treated early on too. What brand are you using?
Perfect, thanks D. I'm using Cyco - apparently it has been washed more thoroughly than most other brands. Is that your experience?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Perfect, thanks D. I'm using Cyco - apparently it has been washed more thoroughly than most other brands. Is that your experience?

There isnt any nutes the plant can access in 95% of coco blends. A few coco blends are amended but...

Your little guy, Its just starving.
Dont forget that the soil PH is what the roots are at.
That is what PH they will be accepting the nutes.

Gotta start feeding it nutes it can instantly take in asap.

Foliar feed in the meanwhile. imo.

Vesti Bule

Vesti Bule

There isnt any nutes the plant can access in 95% of coco blends. A few coco blends are amended but...

Your little guy, Its just starving.
Dont forget that the soil PH is what the roots are at.
That is what PH they will be accepting the nutes.

Gotta start feeding it nutes it can instantly take in asap.

Foliar feed in the meanwhile. imo.
Awesome - Thanks. It's my first coir grow, and just taking a couple of weeks to find my stride with the new paradigm. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom