Seedling problems curling down leafs help

• Thread starter Mrcan1985
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mrcan1985

Where to start I'm about 30 seeds in germinated fine gets to about ten days in and just stalls out on me I'm using ecothrive coco lite it all started with my first lot I got to about 8 to 9 inches was fine put in to my bigger pots then the stalled and looked over waterd so tryed to dry out never recovered so I started new seeds in solo pots 10 days in stalls out then starts to curl down like they over waterd but they not I've tryed watering like normal on my first lot no go after 2 weeks I ripped them out so on my second lot I keep the doom on for 5 days to keep my humidity high and only sprayed my leafs so defo not over under watered and I've tryed my hps and a led I've only just got new coco with out charge in it to see if it's that as I've got new seeds germinating to test if it's the coco I'm kind of lost and feel like all I've got left to try is the coco mix any help would be amazing temps between 68f to 76f humidity 50 to 60 hps was running at 400w 2ft above the seedlings and my led was running 25% 33 inches above

Seedling problems curling down leafs help
Seedling problems curling down leafs help 2
Seedling problems curling down leafs help 3
Seedling problems curling down leafs help 4
DanC520

DanC520

Imo, seedlings like it a little warmer and little more humid than your ranges. Like your top ends would be bottom end. temps 75-85 and humidity 60-80. That said, seems like you’re close enough. Might be the coco. I just know how I do it. Floating on in shot glass till taproot like an inch. Into rapid rooters into first set decently established. Then into solo cup or final pot. I water daily once in coco and quickly transition to multi day feedings. Minimal light until a Around two weeks old. T5, cfls, or if primary light, pretty far away. Then I’ll start turning light up or lowering (for lights with no dimmer). Good luck!

2Bad

2Bad

Light stress.. pull them way back . With coco you water when 50% dry for now on

M

Mrcan1985

I've found what the issue was it was the cheep 10 pound coco I was using it add charge in it so I got new coco washed the roots put them in new coco them give them a weak feed added a bit of calmag and ph to 5.8 they seen to be growing again thanks for all the comments and I hope this helps anyone else who as the same issue

11Ron11

11Ron11

I think there limp because there not getting enough light 25% is low but not sure what light you have especially if you don't have a tent also 33 inches without a tent is high.
I run my 2000 mars light at 75% 20 inches above.
First 10 days you should be running 70 to 80% humidity then slowly taper down until flower of 40%
Good luck take a look at my diary I'm in the same boat..

Screenshot 20220204 180922 Chrome
2Bad

2Bad

I think there limp because there not getting enough light 25% is low but not sure what light you have especially if you don't have a tent also 33 inches without a tent is high.
I run my 2000 mars light at 75% 20 inches above.
First 10 days you should be running 70 to 80% humidity then slowly taper down until flower of 40%
Good luck take a look at my diary I'm in the same boat..
He figured out it was the coco that wasn’t buffered.

M

Mrcan1985

He figured out it was the coco that wasn’t buffered.
I got told this from a guy who as done loads of grows with the mars hydro 2000 i got the same light to ""i run mine at 25% light at 30 inches in seedling stage then I bump it up to 50% light at 22 to 24 inches in veg then I slowly tern it up in the first 4 week of flower to 100% at 20 inches week 5 I bring it down to 17 inches till the end of the grow"""I followed that on my last one and was fine worked well

2Bad

2Bad

I got told this from a guy who as done loads of grows with the mars hydro 2000 i got the same light to ""i run mine at 25% light at 30 inches in seedling stage then I bump it up to 50% light at 22 to 24 inches in veg then I slowly tern it up in the first 4 week of flower to 100% at 20 inches week 5 I bring it down to 17 inches till the end of the grow"""I followed that on my last one and was fine worked well
That sounds about right . That’s about what works for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom