Seedling Problems

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibiking

I have experienced growing in coco+soil+rock wool, and each time I have problematic issues with the seedling period.
the seeds have the same conditions as my cloning (which works great), so I don't understand what is the big difference, no? why do the clones grow and the seeds don't

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
What do you mean by problems? Seedlings take some time after the first leaves besides cotyledons. Mine does that at least. I think after those leaves plant goes into rooting.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have experienced growing in coco+soil+rock wool, and each time I have problematic issues with the seedling period.
the seeds have the same conditions as my cloning (which works great), so I don't understand what is the big difference, no? why do the clones grow and the seeds don't

Some photos and a little more information/description would help greatly. The biggest problem I have with seeds is too weak of light, which makes them stretch, fall over, and usually die. I start using the ancient and mysterious paper towel in a baggie method until sprouted, then xferred into the final growing container, although some recommend using an intermediate sized container...I go straight to a 5 gallon bucket. At least 18 hours of light, 24 if possible for the 1st week or two to keep the stems short and allows for good root development. Then 18 hours as regular. Two "tricks" that I've used over the last 30+ years is to bury the sprout fairly deep, which gives good roots and stability, as well as keeping the roots and sprouts fairly warm...~80-85 F. This allows for fast growth, at least initially.
Seeds are a little tricky, but if you use patience and are gentle, they grow just as quickly once they get going....the 1st 2-3 weeks seem like they grow in slow motion, but will very quickly catch up.

J

Joe.Grow

Try to put a fan on them when sprouting. The airflow will strengthen the stem. I put them in a cup of distilled water for 24 hours and into a peat starter. If there autos I put that into a 3 gallon pot. After About 2.5 days help it emerge from the pellet gently as some can get tap rooted odd. Only water once a day with 6.0ph. Keep rh 50% and temp around 75

H

hawkman

just germinated : blue Cindy (G-13 labs_ - OG Kush (Daifn seeds) and Cititcal Hog TH seeds ----when they had any were from 2 to 4 sets of true leaves I planted them in their final pot a 4.5 gallon pots. Once germinated planted them in week 2 (seed to plant time is 7 - 23 days. Generally germination is 3-7 days and the seedling stage is 1-2 weeks so 12 days isn't to bad instead of 21 days ( used great white and soil balance)

B

bibiking

thank you all
the seeds emerge from the pellet always, but than it grow up real slow (maybe it's normal, but I compare it to other vegetables I grow on same condition, and it is much slower. I attach a photo).
I water as mentioned here, and the light has 3900 lumines with kelvin suited for cloning.
I attach 2 photos -
a 2 weeks old NorthernLight, and a 2 weeks old cloning roots.
you can see that the cloning are great, but I think the seed grows slow and awkward.
am I wrong?

IMG 20181017 083350
IMG 20181017 083241
B

bibiking

I use coco/perlite 50/50
but it happens always, when I also used soil and rockwook

J

Joe.Grow

What light are you using and how far away? Any pictures of that setup?

B

bibiking

I upload a photo of the distance, and the details of the light.
again, the cloning has same conditions and they work great

Bulb
Info
J

Joe.Grow

For seedlings I put them under the main growing light for the whole time. Rotating them every day or so helps them reach the other direction for light. I run fans on 24/7 and light 24/0 for the first 5 days at 24in and then lower to 18in and 18/6 after they stretch a little. If it’s an auto I’ll flower on 24/0 and veg 18/6.

Top Bottom