Seedling stopped growing and shows weird white growings-result of wrong mykorhiza-application?

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

so you say its normal and youve seen some that are that thick and flat? poor guy cant even develope his new leaves properly, its like all is growing to one big knot. :(
Maybe i should pull his leaves and stem gently so he gets the impuls that he needs to stretch?

FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

Stop touching it. Thats why it doesnt want to grow for you.
Just gently blow on it for 10 minutes or so it can recuperate quicker with some CO2 to take in.

Sunasun

Sunasun

so you say its normal and youve seen some that are that thick and flat? poor guy cant even develope his new leaves properly, its like all is growing to one big knot. :(
Maybe i should pull his leaves and stem gently so he gets the impuls that he needs to stretch?
Light stress. Raise or dim your light.

M

mannitu68

hello there,
sorry for reviving this old topic...i just stumbled on a picture i took a few months ago after repotting and i wanted to ask, is this a normal root or are these mykorhizza? I was wondering that back ago, i didnt use any real myko-product, but i used some organic fertilizer sticks in the beginning that claimed to have some mykorhiza in it...i only saw that months later by reading the package again.

DSCI2053
M

MasterCookie

Hello guys.
About 2 weeks ago i started a single seedling, i planned to grow it for a couple of weeks and then, if it looks to have good trades, cut a few clones for a nice little grow. I wanted to take this chance to try out some things, for example ive never produced clones so far. Also i wanted to raise the seedling simply by natural light on the balcony, we have the perfect weather right now, 17-18 hours light, but my balcony lies in a direction where theres only direct sunlight after 1700 in the afternoon, so he doesnt get the full sun right away.

Everything went fine for the first week. I didnt germinate in a towel, i just put the seed 1 cm deep in the earth and kept the soil wet, on the 3rd day he saw the light of day and grew pretty normal. Then, after 5 or 6 days later, i realized he stopped growing and the leaves are turning paler each day. Thats been 14 days now. Its the same soil i always use, i just added about 15% perlite this time. No fertilizer, i kept the seedling humid, everything like it already worked perfectly with my last plants.

Ah and yes, i put a mykorhiza-solution on the soil, with "Great White", that was before the seedling even saw the light of day, just 1 day after i planted the seed. Ive heard contradicting views, if its a good or bad thing to do it that early, but i saw a Youtube video where someone put mykos on the taproot of the seed, while it was still wrapped in toiletpaper and the taproot just broke through, then, the next day, you could clearly see the fungus grew on the taproot. Now maybe that alone wasnt proof for it to be a good idea, but it made me curious.

So i gave it a try, the mykos were able to make contact to the seedling and the taproot from the start. I assume. I really dont know if thats the cause of the problems, but im gonna upload some pics i just took, they were kind of disturbing to me. You will see these white tails, def. not hairs that belong to the poor little guy. At least not all of it. And the white drops. What i dont understand, if its mykorhiza coming out of the seedling, how is that possible under sunlight? I thought they can only survive in soil, in darkness?

this white stuff is very small, you can only see it with a supermakro lense or my USB-microscope. Seedling is about 2 inches tall now.

Well if thats really the reason for the seedling behaving like this, im probably not the first one making that mistake. Or does the problem lie somewhere else?
One question is that some sort of compost you planted the seedling in?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

one more thing, that question is in the back of my mind for months, but i always forgot it: How much "dried out" can Mykos actually tolerate? Now Cannabis loves wet-and-dry cycles, but im sure funghi prefer the wet ones. I wonder if its ok to keep the usual cycle.
Watering SOIL

Top Bottom