Seedling Support

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hey just checked on my new seedlings and as always they're stretvhing and one even fell over, I was about to grab some tie wire to prop them up when i had an idea. if you cut a straw down the middle you can wrap it around the seedling and itll hhold it up until its big enough to transplant and you can bury the stem deeper. worked for me just passing on the idea

str8smokn

str8smokn

If they are still fresh -like a week old - you can repot them and bury them deeper .
STR8

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

ya thats very true i just figured if you wanted to keep them in the same pot you started em in a little longer and when they're that young i try and leave em alone as long as possible to develop a solid root structure cause who knows how far your roots grow when ya dig em up

str8smokn

str8smokn

ya thats very true i just figured if you wanted to keep them in the same pot you started em in a little longer and when they're that young i try and leave em alone as long as possible to develop a solid root structure cause who knows how far your roots grow when ya dig em up

How much space did you leave yourself from the top of the pot they are in now?

If you want to keep them in that pot that yes the straw will work , but I suggest cutting it smaller than what you need and put a fan blowing on them to help stiffen up the stems.
STR8

M

motz

Build up the soil around them, transplant or use anything you can find to prop them up.
Bring light down closer.
I prefer to not fill the container so full at first that way you can keep adding soil as they stretch towards the light and fan blowing on them.

T5's I'm 3" off the tops.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I ran into rhis same problem....again. I forgot to put 1/2 soil in my solo cup.

Last time i very carefully transplanted I to a square pot and buried the stretchy stem.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I just potted 5 for 5 last night. These were only sowed 2 days prior.

20180131 193234
20180131 193239

Latest posts

Top Bottom