Seedling trouble

• Thread starter 603cannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
603cannabis

603cannabis

Hey everyone, I have three different strains of auto seeds from ILGM I’m having trouble getting them started this will be my second grow my first is almost ready to harvest and I had minimal issue’s. So far I’ve tried 6 seeds only got 2 to germinate and they died after a week of no growth tried soaking 2 in water for 48hrs they didn’t crack tried the paper towel method they didn’t crack. Only two that germinated were in super rooters. Had them in a humidity dome with heating pad with a t5 on top. So I’m wondering if they could be just bad seeds? Or am I doing something wrong? The first grow was from a different breeder and they grew effortlessly. Thank you guys for you help

Seedling trouble
Seedling trouble 2
Nugg

Nugg

To me putting them in water till they crack is the easiest way imo.thats they only way I do it anymore..if they don't crack open after few days in water..they are junk..I get a new water bottle,dump some water out..put in seeds I want..replace lid, shake it little..wait for few hrs,shake again..to get seeds to sink, normally within 24 hrs.they should crack, shower ones might take couple days..if they don't crack after few days...dump out.crap....
On another note...I use rw to start...it has a hole in center for...I don't use it..I make new spot..I found having the hole there didn't allow the tap root anything to push up off..

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Try this method to see if it works. Like @Nugg said above. I used to use a different way with horrible luck. Now I use this and I have yet to have a bad seed. I am 16 for 16 using this method.

Germ
603cannabis

603cannabis

To me putting them in water till they crack is the easiest way imo.thats they only way I do it anymore..if they don't crack open after few days in water..they are junk..I get a new water bottle,dump some water out..put in seeds I want..replace lid, shake it little..wait for few hrs,shake again..to get seeds to sink, normally within 24 hrs.they should crack, shower ones might take couple days..if they don't crack after few days...dump out.crap....
On another note...I use rw to start...it has a hole in center for...I don't use it..I make new spot..I found having the hole there didn't allow the tap root anything to push up off..
Awesome thank you! Do you PH your water let the seeds soak in? And I’m assuming the RW cubes are similar to rapid rooters so I’ll try popping my own hole in them instead of the one they give you. Thanks again

603cannabis

603cannabis

Try this method to see if it works. Like @Nugg said above. I used to use a different way with horrible luck. Now I use this and I have yet to have a bad seed. I am 16 for 16 using this method.
Sweet thank you I’ll have to give this a try with a couple of my remaining and see how it works out for me thanks again!

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Sweet thank you I’ll have to give this a try with a couple of my remaining and see how it works out for me thanks again!
You're welcome. If the seed sinks and I need to use paper towel and plastic bag, I just put it over my modem box for warmth. I just started using it a few months ago but my germ rate has been perfect so far using it.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I didn't know seeds needed to kept warm during germination!!! Too bad it's too late :(

Nugg

Nugg

Awesome thank you! Do you PH your water let the seeds soak in? And I’m assuming the RW cubes are similar to rapid rooters so I’ll try popping my own hole in them instead of the one they give you. Thanks again
I pH soak my rw..far as the water no... lately I just grab a warm bottle of water cheapest you can buy stuff..dump some out throw in seeds and place in a drawer..I've gotten them for couple weeks and go back with like 2-3" long tap roots all knotted up..they did die.

Top Bottom