Seedling Wilting/Drooping

• Thread starter CrazyFarmer1324
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrazyFarmer1324

CrazyFarmer1324

Hey everyone was looking for some suggestions on my new seedling here its about at its 2 week mark and started showing these signs of wiltingdroooping and grow defections about a day ago was thinking over watering. But have only been watering when cup feels light or top inch of soil is dry. Its currently in a rapid rooter in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil and using Tap water. I have another plant alongside with it showing no signs of this same setup just not in a rapid rooter

Seedling wiltingdrooping
CrazyFarmer1324

CrazyFarmer1324

The top inch dries in an hour or two. Your roots are in a puddle in the bottom. Is there any perlite in the bottom or holes for drainage?
There was only 3 small slits on this cup didnt realize, added 6 to 10 more holes for more drainage and will try some perlite next time!

CrazyFarmer1324

CrazyFarmer1324

Yeah it's good practice to do the bottom sides and the bottom, I use a drill to drill em. You will notice how great they will grow and the root development will amaze you!
Thanks ! Will have to try it if I let the plant dry out until next watering should the plant recover or will it be slowed on its growth significantly now ?

Madbud

Madbud

The new growth will be ok if it comes back. Let your tapwater sit for 24 hours if its got flouride and chlorine, or spring for a gallon of distilled water til she gets legs.

Top Bottom