Seedling with Red stems

• Thread starter flampkin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flampkin

flampkin

This is a Super Lemon Haze seedling at day 24. The stem above the cotyledons first turned red now its moving up the plant and is on the petioles as of today. Also the 1st set of leavers turned turned yellow at the tips.
I used black earth as a medium without lime or any other additive so I'm not sure of the pH but the run off is above 7. I have been only watering so far with a pH around 6. I thought between the seed and organics in the soil i wouldn't be P deficient but looks like it could be. The temp is steady 78 but has been down to 70 not regularly though. If anybody has a thought or experience it all helps thanks.

Seedling with red stems
Seedling with red stems 2
Seedling with red stems 3
Seedling with red stems 4
Seedling with red stems 5
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Tough to flush without fear of overwatering and damping off. The plant looks great to me. You are being a perfectionist. The most important thing is to not over react. Water with 6.5 pH and wait for it to dry up a bit (NOT ALL THE WAY) before you water. It looks like at this point you could foliar with a very light dose of kelp.

red petioles can be a sign of a P deficiency.

Have you fed them yet? I would wait a few more days until they really look hungry.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

^ Like he said and if that doesn't work scratch in a little dolomite lime, 6.0 is too low.

flampkin

flampkin

Thanks guys I havent feed yet but i thought once she dried out I think Im going to give a light fert. I think I will water in some lime as well couldn't hurt right.

d420dool

d420dool

lime should be cooked into ur soil or it can burn ur roots, b careful

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Red petioles can indicate either N- or P-. I would say that, assuming it's growing quickly, it's using up a bit of N. If the medium doesn't provide much in the way of nutrients (I'm not at all familiar with what you're using) then you'll have to start offering gentle feeds.

I've found it is impossible to overwater seedlings, so I put mine in trays and I flood the tray and always keep it wet. Once the nodes begin to alternate, and once they're potted up, then they're more prone to overwatering (as much because the roots haven't yet penetrated the whole available soil mass as anything else, I'm sure).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i can overwater any seedling

try me
I had a hell of a problem yesterday trying to reply to this. I've tried to kill seedlings and potted plants in many ways. The only thing that works without fail is to not water and leave them in the sun to cook.

These grew into those, and those grew into some really nice, productive ladies. Perhaps not optimal in terms of yield, but I'm still smokin' 'em over a year after harvest. :D
P5150250
Chem91 x Haze seed starts 2011
P6270413
Seed starts 2011

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I had a hell of a problem yesterday trying to reply to this. I've tried to kill seedlings and potted plants in many ways. The only thing that works without fail is to not water and leave them in the sun to cook.

These grew into those, and those grew into some really nice, productive ladies. Perhaps not optimal in terms of yield, but I'm still smokin' 'em over a year after harvest. :DView attachment 275655View attachment 275657View attachment 275658View attachment 275659

I dunno Sea
I've killed a lot of seedling with too much water...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll keep trying!

I forgot to mention there's some Longbottom Leaf in those pix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom