Seedling won’t open and stem twisted

• Thread starter RGWD0202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RGWD0202

I germinated the seedling a week ago, it started to breakthrough on Saturday. When it finally showed itself yesterday, it was wearing the seed like a bucket on its head and looked like it wasn’t going to be able to shed it properly. So I removed the seed casing gently by hand. The cotyledons still have not opened. Does anyone know what I should do to possibly save this seedling? Also, the stem is really twisted and makes the seedling really resembles a snake. My plan is to bury it in soil up to the straight part just below the cotyledons to help support it but afraid that might be detrimental. Any advice would be appreciated! My other 2 seedlings (different variety and breeder) are doing well.

Seedling wont open and stem twisted
Seedling wont open and stem twisted 2
Bilber

Bilber

Spray it with a spray bottle....couple squirts of water.....if it doesn't open in a couple hours after you mist it, mist it again.....it'll open....the membrane is stuck.....

I

imgrowing

the seed shell and membrane contain nutrients for the little girl.
you have to give it more than a day to do it's thing.
after a couple days if no change then mist the shell and membrane and remove it.
and yes, cover the twisted stem with soil.

BB22

BB22

I’ve had this happen to me too. Usually because I didn’t plant the seed deep enough to allow the dirt to pull the shell casing off the plant as it grows✌️

Like others have said, mist it, allow the moisture seep in. Then I take sewing needles gently, super gently pry apart. Good luck.

Bilber

Bilber

I believe BB, you are correct......

The dirts abrasiveness scraps the shells coat and coating if planted deep enough with adequate moisture..... quoted by someone

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I had this happen to three seedlings I just recently popped. Spray with water and let it sit for a few minutes then very carefully use a toothpick to unstick the cotyledon but don't try to open them, just unstick top from bottom. it should open up the rest within a day or two.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I’ve had this happen to me too. Usually because I didn’t plant the seed deep enough to allow the dirt to pull the shell casing off the plant as it grows✌️

Like others have said, mist it, allow the moisture seep in. Then I take sewing needles gently, super gently pry apart. Good luck.
Happens to me when it's not humidity enough the membrane gets stuck

Top Bottom