seedlings are browning, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter closet250
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

is it a deficincy? if so which one?

• potasium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • phosphate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
closet250

closet250

growing in a 2x2x5 grow tent. with a 250 watt mh bulb. it was starting off great and in the last week or better i have noticed browning on the tips of the leaves and now its spreading down the leaves i have just gave a mild dose of 6-3-7. to give some base nutrients to see if that will help im using coco fiber as a grow medium. Can anyone help? encloes i have a picture showing it. you can see it pn the right hand sice of the plant.
Seedlings are browning please help 2

Seedlings are browning please help
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No voting without more information. What brand coir, and how did you prepare it prior to putting the seedling into it? What are current conditions, etc?

closet250

closet250

Canna Coco Coir
i moistened it before putting seedlings in. and it seems to be getting worse now the leaves are really turning brown

jagle

jagle

way too young for nutes, she is good for anohter week at least
then maybe a 1/4 strength feed and move up to 1/2 then full nutes

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I understand that Canna Coir doesn't need to be pre-rinsed, but at this moment I can't help but think if you did a media test on it (or flushed) with RO or similarly clean water, you'd find an appreciable EC reading resulting.

closet250

closet250

im using well water. no chems in the tap. as for nuits i used a 1/16 strength in 3l of water. im not sure what you mean by media test and appreciable EC reading resulting. this is my first indoor garden and its proving to be alot different then outdoors.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The media is what the seedlings are being grown in; i.e. coir, clay balls, soil, peat, soilless mix, lava rock, perlite, water, whatever.

EC = electrical conductivity, which is one means of measuring nutrient density (but not availability, and only of those chemicals that have electrically conductive properties), and by appreciable I mean significant, a high reading.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
You must flush cana coco before using then a really light feeding 200 ppm max I would give ro water ph at 5.5 and a good flush. It really dosent look to bad..JACK

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Canna coco rite out the bag is 290 ppm plus what ever ur well water ppm & the 1/16 nutes u added ur prolly over 400 ppm's that's way 2 hot 4 a seedling that juss hatched.. Plain RO water with 0 ppm would b best but try any plain water 2 flush out them extra nutes that building up in the coco..

closet250

closet250

i did a flush with fresh distilled water. i have noticed that they are perking up some, and some new growth has developed. thanks for all these tips you guys have been so helpful. will keep everyone posted on progress.

closet250

closet250

i haven't got the greatest exhaust fan i am in the works of getting that upgraded. and as for humidity its been anywhere from 55 to 70%

S

S_D

Could be a pH problem caused by unrinsed coco (from the making process). Some the coco I get (esp Botanicare 5kg blocks) has lower 4 pH until flushed twice with r/o water, then its fine. But you cannot put straight into unrinsed coco unless bought pre rinsed like Royal Gold or Canna.

Good luck and hope they turn around nicely.

UKgrow

UKgrow

Hi, any brown tips always pinch them off otherwise it spreads like yours have. The first few weeks I just give them plain water. Drenching the soil. They love a good water. Easy off the nutes. They are just tender babies. Don't rush them. They don't need any just yet.

Top Bottom