seedlings falling over!

• Thread starter draco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
draco

draco

i sprouted in plugs this time and now i have four inch stems on those little ones. so tall they are falling over!

spindly little stems! i have sprouted probably a couple hundred seeds and never had this happen before... the tap root was a few inches out of the bottom of the plug when i put them in cups 3 days ago...

anybody else had this?

draco

draco

same lighting...i think i had the light too far away for these, although i have never had a problem before.. i lowered the light and will hope for the best.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
i sprouted in plugs this time and now i have four inch stems on those little ones. so tall they are falling over!

spindly little stems! i have sprouted probably a couple hundred seeds and never had this happen before... the tap root was a few inches out of the bottom of the plug when i put them in cups 3 days ago...

anybody else had this?
I usually start mine under the full light of day, guess what happens. They stretch, fall over, then grow out of it.

Power OG

Power OG

Do you have airflow. I find indoors that a light breeze also helps prevent the tall and weak stems. Dancing girls are happy girls. It promotes stronger not flimsy stems. Light definitely need to be closer also.
Respect

draco

draco

Sorry Seamaiden - guess I'm more stupit than usual today...

A fan is a good idea. i'll go with that...

grayarea

grayarea

bigger pots . or stronger seeds if you are growing for structure .

DarkSpark

DarkSpark

Proximity of lighting. Too far and those babies are gonna stretch in desperation.

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

You do not want stretch, especially this kind...
Susanne Eman

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Make some little stakes with heavy wire or cut up a coat hanger. Then once they're hardened off just bury up to the cotyledons and roots will grow all down the stem.

infocus

infocus

exactly what i was thinking, light source too far.

arthritisux, i need to go burn my eyes out now. thanks for that. :wtf:

draco

draco

thanks everybody for the help! they are growing like loony toons all laid over haha!

i think they are like me... got all tipped over, but they will turn out just fine.

Top Bottom