Seedlings:fluorescent or hid bulb

• Thread starter Bib4tuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Ok,so I recently started some seedlings & only had mh/hps light to work with & some crappy fluorescent bulbs. The fluorescents are t15 bulbs. I read that its better to start seedlings under fluorscents than hid lights so I put them under the t15s. They dont seem to be responding well. Should I toss them under a mh bulb?

BigCube

BigCube

Doesnt matter as long as the light isnt too strong for them. Far away from a mh or close to a florecent, it's the same to the plant.

If you have an android, get a lux meter app. Measure the light to be sure. 👍

growsince79

growsince79

Ok,so I recently started some seedlings & only had mh/hps light to work with & some crappy fluorescent bulbs. The fluorescents are t15 bulbs. I read that its better to start seedlings under fluorscents than hid lights so I put them under the t15s. They dont seem to be responding well. Should I toss them under a mh bulb?
Imo florescent lights are better for seedling. I wait about 10-12 days then introduce to 100w MH.

BigCube

BigCube

I dont really give my seedlings special light. I just put them in the veg tent. I use 105w of led bulbs in a 2x2 to veg. The last 2 weeks of veg happen in the big tents before I flip them to flower.

Right they are a little over lit, but not enough to hurt them. Maybe 20% more light than recommended.

Basically anything can grow in this setup. It's great for clones, seedlings and vegging. Lights not too strong, larger vegging plants can get closer and further away little plants arent too over lit.

It's not so important, I guess is what I'm trying to say 🤣

20200804 103254

20200804 103241

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

What color light? Imo warm and cool white together is best.
Im using t15 fluorescent atm. I have to look around & see i have a cfl. Seedlings are rapid rooters right now. I wanna move into the 3" peat pots.

Top Bottom