Seedlings In A Bind, They Need Your Help!

• Thread starter Ceveres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ceveres

Ceveres

Hey guys and gals. Hope all is growing well! :joyful: Hehe

Strain: 3× Blue Kripple Feminized seedlings - Dr. Krippling

Germinated: 15th August 2017

Lighting: Single 4' T5 - soon to be under 400w MH

Temp/RH: ~70°F ~55-65%RH

Medium: 50% Nectar for the Gods Soil #8 / 50% Pure Coco Coir fiber (Hydrated/Rinsed then pre-charged with 1/4 strength nutes)

Pots: 2.5" 'Natural' pots (Not really sure what they are, got at $ store, never used b4)

Feed: So far just plain Well or R.O. water PH~7 (Was under the assumption that's all I should give until cotyledons turn yellow)

So this is my first real experience with seeds.. Unless you count the few bag seed I popped back in the day then promptly killed.. lol.. I am very confident with clones and cloning tho.

Problem is: I want to transplant these seedlings because I feel that this yellowing (on the left most one)
Seedlings in a bind they need your help
is a combination of being hungry for some nutes/wanting a larger home. Am I correct on this? Normally I wouldn't make a thread for such a question and just x-plant and find out.. but my real problem is this:
Seedlings in a bind they need your help 2

All 3 have roots growing through the bottom of the pot. I don't want to damage them during transplant so what do I do? Cut the bottom off and plant it? Rip the roots from it? Try to cut them free? I'm at a loss..

Grow pros, please help? :dead:

sixstring

sixstring

Leave the bottom alone,couple slices down the sides with a razor and plant the whole thing in a bigger pot. The rest of that pot will have roots through the sides once its in soil and gets wet.

sixstring

sixstring

Or try cutting down one side and peel it off.i would leave it and plant as is

Ceveres

Ceveres

@sixstring thank you for your quick response. I'm going to slit the sides and try to remove so I can dust with some Vam and leave the bottom intact. Here goes nothing! Thank you!

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

sixstring has it nailed. Those roots look happy and strong. The pot will decompose. It may slow things down just a little to bust through, but they will be fine. If you do "help" them along, just be gentle. I use those same style pots to start my 'maters and other veggies and they all come out fine. Good luck with this new grow Cev!!

Ceveres

Ceveres

I took @sixstring 's advice and the transplant went very well. Dampened the new soil with well water with a couple drops of Superthrive. Slit around the bottom of the pot and then up the side. Removed the outside, kept the bottom and put into new pots.

20170909 144516
20170909 144549

Since transplant I've watered once with diluted 50/50 water/compost tea to inoculate the soil. As you can see, the 2 on the left are doing nice and responded very well to the tea. The one on the right doesn't have the same level of phototropism. Also notice the yellowing which is slowly progressing. The cotyledons are starting to yellow so I was going to give a light feeding but don't want to feed this one until I figure out what's wrong.

Thoughts?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you can, raise those temps by 10*. Veg likes warmer temps, flower cooler especially last 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom