Seedlings Keep Dying

• Thread starter snoplow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoplow20

snoplow20

Hey fellow farmers, been having some issues here lately propagating seeds. They have been germinating, but i have had 3 in a row pop out of the soil and die a week later. All different strains from different companies.

G gnome

G gnome

What kind of soil / medium are you in and are you watering as need be, is the light too close ?
You can always spray mist them as seedlings too.
But I would say you have the light too close and your cooking them.
STR8
That or over watering is what i was thinkin

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
How close is too close for a t5 shop light fixture. 4 bulb 4 foot long.
Close enough to warm your hand
Im using fox farm happy frog. It seemed really dry and has a hard time absorbing water. Kinda pissed about it because i just purchased it.
Do a light water and then real water....first wet breaks the surface tension.... im using frog but dont normally
My grow area is 67 degrees. Is that too cold?
A seed will pop at 60 but they like 70-80...nice warm...dry.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Get yourself a small propagator

You could also get one with a heat mat installed.

And some jiffi pucks. Spray the dome on the inside and let the t5 sit almost on the dome. Should give you safe enough distance from the light and keep the moisture at check. Let fresh air in on daily basis and eventually remove the dome and transplant.

Organikz

Organikz

Do you see gnats? They can cause damping off. I dip my root cubes in a solution of coconut water, fulvic acid, and soap nut tea. The gnats won't have anything to do with them and the coconut water serves as a pathogen fighter to prevent fusarium.

snoplow20

snoplow20

Close enough to warm your hand

Do a light water and then real water....first wet breaks the surface tension.... im using frog but dont normally

A seed will pop at 60 but they like 70-80...nice warm...dry.

Get yourself a small propagator

View attachment 767320
You could also get one with a heat mat installed.

And some jiffi pucks. Spray the dome on the inside and let the t5 sit almost on the dome. Should give you safe enough distance from the light and keep the moisture at check. Let fresh air in on daily basis and eventually remove the dome and transplant.
So do seedlings like high humidity or low humidity. I feel like these 2 posts are pointing me in different directions.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So do seedlings like high humidity or low humidity. I feel like these 2 posts are pointing me in different directions.
I prefer to start them out and keep them in a drier climate... some use bags or domes over their plants but i dont

IMG 20171228 113958 215
snoplow20

snoplow20

So if my light was too close wouldnt i see heat damage on the plant. They look undamaged but they fall over.

Top Bottom