Seedlings Leaves Turning Yellow Inside Out

• Thread starter blake1166
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
First let me say I was recommended to just restart but Id like to try and revive these if possible as a learning experience. Anyways, I have 3 plants, all are about a week old and I made the mistake a couple days in by overwatering...this is my first grow, but anyways I stunted the growth for a couple days as I also let them dry out. I began to notice the Cotyledons began to die but earlier than usual. I read that all the plants nutrients are stored in the Cotyledons for the first week or so (I'm growing in Coco/Perlite) and so I fed them light nutrients a day early to see if that's why they were dying but no change. The Cotyledons begin to die once true leaves have formed but my true leaves are very small and the leaves on two are beginning to yellow from the center moving out to the tips, I'm not sure if I have a pH issue even though I have pH'ed everything I feel like, or a nutrient problem, or just lingering effects of overwatering so early. I attached pictures of each plant for a better reference. This is my first grow and everything I can find about yellow leaves can be any of my issues...any advice helps, thanks.
your overwatering too frequently..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Can you tell me what LUX to read at the seedlings with these?

What LUX reading are you using for seedlings, and for how many days?

So lux has to do with lumens, Aqua man mentioned that. I was talking about the Kelvin color temperature which is from 2100K-6500K. Completely different than lux but I see how you could get confused because we both put a K at the end of the numbers lol.

So to clear things up the K I used refers to Kelvin color (light spectrum), the K Aqua used refers to 1 thousand. So 10K means 10000 lux and 6500K means the color temperature of the light. Hope that makes sense. You can look it up on Google for a better explanation of what they mean.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So lux has to do with lumens, Aqua man mentioned that. I was talking about the Kelvin color temperature which is from 2100K-6500K. Completely different than lux but I see how you could get confused because we both put a K at the end of the numbers lol.

So to clear things up the K I used refers to Kelvin color (light spectrum), the K Aqua used refers to 1 thousand. So 10K means 10000 lux and 6500K means the color temperature of the light. Hope that makes sense. You can look it up on Google for a better explanation of what they mean.
4000 kelvin is great for seedlings and veg. For seeding 5-10k lux is a good place to start em

Last edited:
Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Thanks for the great answer. I understood that and know the difference between LUX and color temperature. I have not bought a PAR meter yet so use my phone app to read LUX as a way of reading light intensity.

As a new grower when someone tells me the light is so many inches from the plant I want to scream "what's the fucken LUX" since all lights are not created equal and everyone has a phone LUX meter app available.

Danks bro, I know that took some time to write.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

4000 kelvin is great for seedlings and veg. For seeding 5-10k lux is a good place to start em
Interesting that 4000 kelvin at 5-10k Lux is acceptable. I seemed to have toasted my seedlings with a full spectrum LED board at 6000 Lux so the gentler 4000 kelvin might be the key.

Thanks for the being a super hero thing and all your posts. I learned a lot reading them.

Top Bottom