seedlings started in soil?

• Thread starter LBZ Farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LBZ Farmer

Starting from seed and my luck has been pretty poor. I have been using root riot plugs and it seems that i either over or under watertoo easy. Can i start the seeds in fox farm ocean forest or is the soil too HOT?

JAWS

JAWS

if you think the soil is to hot then flush the soil BEFORE dropping the seed/seedling's.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Use peat moss or peat moss and perlite. Fill cups and soak with water until run off. Let cups sit overnight while you soak seeds over night. Then place seeds in cups. Place under florescent lights. They will pop out after a bit. Do not water until the cup feels light.

A

AbusiveOGK

I just had 19/19 c99 beans pop. Straight up promix in a cup. Watered until the medium was moist all the way through, and planted the seeds about 1/4 inch deep. 100% success this way with 19 seeds.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Viability of the seedstock is an excellent point.
Starting from seed and my luck has been pretty poor. I have been using root riot plugs and it seems that i either over or under watertoo easy. Can i start the seeds in fox farm ocean forest or is the soil too HOT?
Are you popping the seeds in the soil as well? Perhaps you might want to try the paper towel method, then plant the sprouted seeds. That way you'll know whether or not they even germinated.

I have never had a seedling that germinated that had trouble with the "wet feet" method of watering I use. Once they're planted they go on a tray, and I pour water into the tray. That way the roots are least disturbed until they've got a good foothold. Never lost one using this method.

L

luvtogrow

It's a myth that FFOF is too hot for seeds/seedlings. Even Blueberry loved the FFOF. i germ everything from 24hour water soak straight to FFOF, never a problem.

L

LBZ Farmer

Thank you all. I do soak for 24 then towel till cracked.

B

Bigb89

Like Luv I havent had problem planting straight into FFOF. Lately ive been mixing that and the light warrior soil they offer together for seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom