Seedlings tap roots got tangled

• Thread starter Gladio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gladio

Gladio

Hi everyone

I had 5 seeds germinating in a coffee filter. I was supposed to plant them 3 days ago but had to leave for an emergency situation. Now i am back and they all tangled😪 how can i seperate them without any damage? They are all autoflowers so i dont want to damage them to stunt growth. If I mist excessive water on them do you think it would help?

Thanks for all your help

Gladio

Gladio

Shells are coming off also. When i plant them should i still bury them completely or leave the top part above the surface?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Shells are coming off also. When i plant them should i still bury them completely or leave the top part above the surface?
As long as they are not tangled together then you should be ok just make sure that the head is facing up when it goes in the dirt. The heads only need to be buried under the soil if the seed casing is still attached. its important that the head is under the soil that way when it pushes up and through it can expel it.

Gladio

Gladio

As long as they are not tangled together then you should be ok just make sure that the head is facing up when it goes in the dirt. The heads only need to be buried under the soil if the seed casing is still attached. its important that the head is under the soil that way when it pushes up and through it can expel it.
Seed casing is coming off when I try to untangle them and i see two small leaves. So should I still bury them completely or leave those leavea above the surface?

Thanks for your reply

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Seed casing is coming off when I try to untangle them and i see two small leaves. So should I still bury them completely or leave those leavea above the surface?

Thanks for your reply
If the seed casings are off then you don't need to burry the heads you can leave them slightly above the soil line. Just make sure that the thin film layer isn't still pinching the leaves closed. There is a thin clear membrane that kinda looks like plastic its inside the seed casing and sometimes the shell will split off but you will still see this thin membrane holding the leaves together. If you see this you can either burry the head under the soil (which expels it as it lifts out) or you can VERY GENTLY use your fingers to carefully wiggle the membrane off.

Gladio

Gladio

If the seed casings are off then you don't need to burry the heads you can leave them slightly above the soil line. Just make sure that the thin film layer isn't still pinching the leaves closed. There is a thin clear membrane that kinda looks like plastic its inside the seed casing and sometimes the shell will split off but you will still see this thin membrane holding the leaves together. If you see this you can either burry the head under the soil (which expels it as it lifts out) or you can VERY GENTLY use your fingers to carefully wiggle the membrane off.
Thanks for all info. Very helpful👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom