Seedlings with small brown spots

• Thread starter Kke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

If it were me, I would probably add a little hydrogen peroxide to her next feed as well to help get some additional oxygen to the root zone.
I got some h2o2 and i was thinking about adding some to my plant in peat moss
Using synthetics so i guess i couldent hurt now that microbes isnt thriveing
Whats your opinion?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I got some h2o2 and i was thinking about adding some to my plant in peat moss
Using synthetics so i guess i couldent hurt now that microbes isnt thriveing
Whats your opinion?
Unless I am growing in soil, I routinely add h2o2. I haven’t grown in peat per se (although I do have some ladies running in promix), but to the extent that you are not relying on microbial life and you are looking for o2 to the root zone, it’s great to have around.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Unless I am growing in soil, I routinely add h2o2. I haven’t grown in peat per se (although I do have some ladies running in promix), but to the extent that you are not relying on microbial life and you are looking for o2 to the root zone, it’s great to have around.
Thanks alot😄🤟

K

Kke

Cut it down to about half to 1/3 that size and flip it over so it looks a little more like a funnel. You got the basic idea though. When you pour your feed into there, it will focus it into where your roots are growing. The feed will spread out like an upside down cone through the media. Your roots will follow it.
So I did that and watered with very weak nute soloution gone back in tonight and it’s gotten worse? There’s black spots appearing now.

IMG 1645
Waffleman

Waffleman

So I did that and watered with very weak nute soloution gone back in tonight and it’s gotten worse? There’s black spots appearing now.
are you pouring water on top of the plant at all? It might not have anything to do with it, but read somewhere that water drops could cause light burns. But not sure if thats whats going on here

K

Kke

No get that off of there unless your humidity is in the 30s, even then tho... You have a slight PH problem. Plus don't worry about those two first leaves, they're going to get funky.
My humidity is in 30’s lights on I can’t get it any higher got humidifier, nothing seems to raise it. Again I’ve read so much it’s always different but what should ph be in coco? The run off was 6.2 earlier today.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

The roots are still just a bit too weak to catch her up in that big pot. It is not ideal, but you are going to need to get some more oxygen to the root zone. Definitely hold off a day on your next feed. Maybe two. Taking some bamboo skewers or chopsticks put some holes down into the root zone can also help her get some additional O2 and dry out a bit. Good airflow around the pot and I would make sure that her pot is off the floor and ideally up on something that allows air to get under it. In the future, a 3 gallon coco pot is the max you need for an auto. Watering that big pot with a tiny plant can be tricky to manage for a new grower, especially a pot that is pushing 5 gallons. While she is on the struggle bus, I would also knock the lighting down just a touch. It will help reduce stress while she is getting healthier. As much as you don’t really want to in coco, probably just need to wait a bit now and let her feet dry out some. You want her on a daily feeding regimen as soon as she can take it.

ACSippi

ACSippi

I think you said you PH your water to 6.5? I'd lower that for seedlings. 6.2 runoff is too high. Maybe flush with ph6 water and see how the runoff is tomorrow.

Mist your plant a couple times a day if it's low humidity. Just a bit. Low humidity isn't great but it ain't going to kill anything.

Everyone else has the rest covered for you.

K

Kke

I think you said you PH your water to 6.5? I'd lower that for seedlings. 6.2 runoff is too high. Maybe flush with ph6 water and see how the runoff is tomorrow.

Mist your plant a couple times a day if it's low humidity. Just a bit. Low humidity isn't great but it ain't going to kill anything.

Everyone else has the rest covered for you.
I initially fed with 6.0 ph well what I thought was 6.0, I calibrated my pen that night then tested run off today which was 6.2. Am I right in thinking it should be 5.8-6.0?

dOOdIRT5280

dOOdIRT5280

Are you aerating your water before you water?

K

Kke

The roots are still just a bit too weak to catch her up in that big pot. It is not ideal, but you are going to need to get some more oxygen to the root zone. Definitely hold off a day on your next feed. Maybe two. Taking some bamboo skewers or chopsticks put some holes down into the root zone can also help her get some additional O2 and dry out a bit. Good airflow around the pot and I would make sure that her pot is off the floor and ideally up on something that allows air to get under it. In the future, a 3 gallon coco pot is the max you need for an auto. Watering that big pot with a tiny plant can be tricky to manage for a new grower, especially a pot that is pushing 5 gallons. While she is on the struggle bus, I would also knock the lighting down just a touch. It will help reduce stress while she is getting healthier. As much as you don’t really want to in coco, probably just need to wait a bit now and let her feet dry out some. You want her on a daily feeding regimen as soon as she can take it.
If the run off is 6.3 would I feed with even lower ph to even things out say 5.6/5.7?

K

Kke

are you pouring water on top of the plant at all? It might not have anything to do with it, but read somewhere that water drops could cause light burns. But not sure if thats whats going on here
Think it’s a ph issue as no water dropped on them, new leaves now have the spots too but only on a couple of the plants it’s not effecting them all some how

Top Bottom