seedlings yellowing from bottom up??

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hi i have just started 2 seeds and dont want to lose one befor i even get a somke of it. one holy grail kush and on blue cheese the b.c looks good and health to me but it is the h.g kush that is yellowing and am not sure what it is whats wrong

I started both seeds with the papper towel and then put 1inch rockwool cubes a i never have my coco yet i kept them in rockwool untill roots were showing an then trans planted into coco the have been in the coxo about a week now and it was only yesterday that i noticed the yellowin on the plant i am using a 250w cfl blue about 6inch away from tops and been giving them half strength feed green dream veg. About every 2 3 days wen the coco is dry and pots a very light. Temp never gose past 79f Pic 1 is holy grail amd 2nd the blue cheese

Seedlings yellowing from bottom up
Seedlings yellowing from bottom up 2
canadaseed

canadaseed

try a lower dose for your nutes... i cant see why this should happen.. all your conditions are right and it appears to be reviving good amounts of water. I must question the coco. did you rinse it? i've heard many people rinse their coco...

S

Shivaskunk

try a lower dose for your nutes... i cant see why this should happen.. all your conditions are right and it appears to be reviving good amounts of water. I must question the coco. did you rinse it? i've heard many people rinse their coco...

No i never new you had to rinse it. It is the coco brick form boi nova that you have to add water to to gwt it to swell into size i will try lower nute as well could it be that the rockwool is still wet wen the coco is dryed ? Thanks

canadaseed

canadaseed

No i never new you had to rinse it. It is the coco brick form boi nova that you have to add water to to gwt it to swell into size i will try lower nute as well could it be that the rockwool is still wet wen the coco is dryed ? Thanks

I've never used coco before but it appears a lot of growers prefer to rinse their coco, perhaps due to the exact issue you are having with your plants... the yellowing. I dont think it would be caused by the rockwool still being wet.. the roots have spread by now... since your plants are in small containers, go by weight. Water, then lift up the containers feel it out and let them get light (not too light) then water again and after awhile you'll know how much water the plants need.. Remember it dosent rain everyday in nature... but early stage seedling need moisture... I personally give my plants some drought during 3rd week flower it increases bud production. I really like coco and plan to use it when i get my room setup better, im just using organic soil and soiless for now. I found this thread i hope it helps! https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/easy-way-to-rinse-coco.45162/ I'm not sure if you are growing coco hempy buckets?? if so check out K.I.S.S methods.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some brands of coir do have to be rinsed, but what I've seen of that type of problem looks different. Honestly, I think you need to up the feed, just a little bit. Go from half dose to, say... 3/4 dose, see what happens. Also, don't let the coir dry out completely.

S

Shivaskunk

I've never used coco before but it appears a lot of growers prefer to rinse their coco, perhaps due to the exact issue you are having with your plants... the yellowing. I dont think it would be caused by the rockwool still being wet.. the roots have spread by now... since your plants are in small containers, go by weight. Water, then lift up the containers feel it out and let them get light (not too light) then water again and after awhile you'll know how much water the plants need.. Remember it dosent rain everyday in nature... but early stage seedling need moisture... I personally give my plants some drought during 3rd week flower it increases bud production. I really like coco and plan to use it when i get my room setup better, im just using organic soil and soiless for now. I found this thread i hope it helps! https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/easy-way-to-rinse-coco.45162/ I'm not sure if you are growing coco hempy buckets?? if so check out K.I.S.S methods.

Thanks will have a look at that thread i have done seeds berfor but first time in coco should have just stuck to what i know lol do you think it possibe to remove from coco and put it in a bubble ?

S

Shivaskunk

Some brands of coir do have to be rinsed, but what I've seen of that type of problem looks different. Honestly, I think you need to up the feed, just a little bit. Go from half dose to, say... 3/4 dose, see what happens. Also, don't let the coir dry out completely.

Thanks do you think it possibe to remove from coco and put it in a bubble. Or should i just try uping the feed ?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree with seamaiden, also maybe move it a little more away from the light. seedlings can be a little more sensitive to bright light then clones and since it dosent have much leaves yet, it dont need so much bright light. give it a day or 2 a little further away from the center of the light.

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

Coco sometimes needs rinsing due to where it's processed. Coconut are coastal plants and processing of their husks (the coco coir) happens right by the sea. As a result, during processing there can be salt build up from seawater, meaning that when the end user gets it, it needs to be rinsed to get rid of that salt.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Thanks will have a look at that thread i have done seeds berfor but first time in coco should have just stuck to what i know lol do you think it possibe to remove from coco and put it in a bubble ?
Not sure... i've never used coco. what are they looking like now??

Mex

Mex

Yellowing from the bottom up can be normal. But that looks extreme. Agree that upping the nutes will probably help.

Top Bottom