Seedlings

• Thread starter NapkinB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

yeah dude, 5x5.

the little round leaves are called cotyledons, they are not true leaves. The other ones on top are the first leaves, and they will have lots of friends soon.

If the plants get "leggy" meaning the stalk gets long and is not strong enough to hold up the new growth, give them a bit more light.

Post pics as they grow, we'll let you know if anything is wrong.

I love your restraint in overwatering. That is usually the problem new growers have. That and too many nutes. Keep it up.

NapkinB

NapkinB

yeah dude, 5x5.

the little round leaves are called cotyledons, they are not true leaves. The other ones on top are the first leaves, and they will have lots of friends soon.

If the plants get "leggy" meaning the stalk gets long and is not strong enough to hold up the new growth, give them a bit more light.

Post pics as they grow, we'll let you know if anything is wrong.

I love your restraint in overwatering. That is usually the problem new growers have. That and too many nutes. Keep it up.
I will try and post pics as they grow. I saw that one started getting a little leggy so I turned up the heat a bit from 25% to 35-40% I also decided to have a light light breeze from a fan blowing on them to try and help and create a strong stalk

PK1

PK1

Supporter
put the intensity to 100% on your light and put the light at 20" from the top of the seedling. When the seedlings stretch it means they need more light. You want nodes closer by each other and if the light is not in the proper distance the plant will stretch

NapkinB

NapkinB

put the intensity to 100% on your light and put the light at 20" from the top of the seedling. When the seedlings stretch it means they need more light. You want nodes closer by each other and if the light is not in the proper distance the plant will stretch
are you sure? I’m using a Mars hydro ts 1000 in a 3x3 tent and their manuals have said to keep it at 25 % for seedlings. I’ve also seen people saying they burnt their seedlings 30 in away with 100% intensity

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
are you sure? I’m using a Mars hydro ts 1000 in a 3x3 tent and their manuals have said to keep it at 25 % for seedlings. I’ve also seen people saying they burnt their seedlings 30 in away with 100% intensity
The 1st picture, the cup on the left is stretched out with a bend. The leaves at the top are turned towards the light higher spectrum. I would slowly bring the intensity higher and work them into 100%. You can always keep your hand above the plant for 5 min and see if your hand burns from the intensity of the light. Also, someone said to put more soil in the cup which helps to make the main stem stronger, it also helps create more roots. Here is mine which is now moved into a 2x2 tent, but i put it at 100% at 22". you need to find where it is best height for your seedling by doing the hand on top of the plant technique
2021 01 03 100345

Here is with the new light FC3000
2021 01 07 142421

I took my ts1000 into my 2x2 tent which holds few gorilla glues in soil and with couple clones

PK1

PK1

Supporter
however, don't just crank the light to 100% now, work them into it and raise the light. Mine just grow at 100% intensity so mine are used to the intensity of the light

NapkinB

NapkinB

The 1st picture, the cup on the left is stretched out with a bend. The leaves at the top are turned towards the light higher spectrum. I would slowly bring the intensity higher and work them into 100%. You can always keep your hand above the plant for 5 min and see if your hand burns from the intensity of the light. Also, someone said to put more soil in the cup which helps to make the main stem stronger, it also helps create more roots. Here is mine which is now moved into a 2x2 tent, but i put it at 100% at 22". you need to find where it is best height for your seedling by doing the hand on top of the plant technique
View attachment 1076715
Here is with the new light FC3000
View attachment 1076716

I took my ts1000 into my 2x2 tent which holds few gorilla glues in soil and with couple clones
Okay I will try and bring it up slowly over time. Just don’t want to hurt the plants. Do you know how much water I should be using? I water but after a few hours the soil seems really dry sometimes. Other times it can last a day or two.

growsince79

growsince79

Okay I will try and bring it up slowly over time. Just don’t want to hurt the plants. Do you know how much water I should be using? I water but after a few hours the soil seems really dry sometimes. Other times it can last a day or two.
Water to runoff, then wait 2-3 days.

growsince79

growsince79

I was told only to mist the top and that you can overwater them very very easily
Horrible advice imo. Weigh the cup saturated then let it lose about 100g before you water again.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Looks great just give them water for a couple weeks as seedlings. fox farm has nutes in soil already

NapkinB

NapkinB

Horrible advice imo. Weigh the cup saturated then let it lose about 100g before you water again.
Don’t really have a scale. I’ll water it today then a bit. Just don’t want to overwater and stunt growth.

Reactions: PK1
Top Bottom