seeds and hermies

• Thread starter joehank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joehank

joehank

If I have a plant that was started from a feminized seed, grew up a female, then due to some environmental stress hermied and produced seeds..., will those seeds be female, or there's no way to know? Oh and it wasn't the original female plant that hermied but a clone of it. It was S.A.G.E. from TH seeds( or something like that).

jagle

jagle

the will be female seeds but with a hermie trait in them, and you should end up with a higher chances of hermies..

best to ditch those seeds to be honest, i wouldnt wanna take those chances again in your grow room

Motarebel

Motarebel

I would grow em out,chances are a few plants will be herm free. I've grown herm from a herm seeds and would get 6-7 good females out of 10 that wouldn't herm. You just need to find that one special plant if you think it's worth it that is. Sometimes it's easier just to source a new clone or seeds and start fresh.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

did the hermi plant make seeds on it self.. or on a clone of itself.. say u had a room of the same strain.. and 1 hermied cause a light leak that affected that plant.. and the rest are un affected.. the seeds from the hermied plant are garbage.. but from the other clones in the room.. those are considered feminized ... is what ive red so far.. but this is rediculous i heard SOMA uses this method to make his fem seeds?

joehank

joehank

all the plants in the room were the same strain, but I don't know which one started it all. I could start them outdoors and if I see a female take some cuts to clone? The strain was S.A.G.E. from TH seeds. These grew some of the biggest colas I've seen and it was a good yielder

straincreation

straincreation

I would grow em out,chances are a few plants will be herm free. I've grown herm from a herm seeds and would get 6-7 good females out of 10 that wouldn't herm. You just need to find that one special plant if you think it's worth it that is. Sometimes it's easier just to source a new clone or seeds and start fresh.

I have a question mota if you got the time? How do you feel on genetics that have produced nothing but pure females in well over six years. Over the years has been cloned numerous times to keep her alive?

Then one crop it puts out hermie tendencies due to some stress. Keep in mind that mom is fine, just heat stress in flower room.
in your opinion, do you think it has to do with the genetics weakining overtime, is this a factor to worry about, or would you reclone flower again and see if they follow suit? The only thing ive noticed over the years is slower rooting time, but just a day or two not much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom