Seeds during flower

• Thread starter GRTMantra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRTMantra

I’m on my second grow after throwing away male plants, the seeds were from a bag. 9 plants all in flower but spaced by 2 weeks in groups of three. Everything looked fantastic and excitement was growing because these were all feminized seeds and buds were large and sticky. Yesterday I decided to get really hands on with my buds and noticed seeds buried deep in the buds of the Atomic. After carefully looking over all the plants (GSC, LSD, Great White) I realized there are seeds developing in every single one. All plants are at different stages of flower but appear to have the same level of seed growth. Tent is clean. No possibility of something getting in from outside. 3 times I forgot to zip of the tent before lights cut off. It was open no more than an hour. Nutrition has been challenging. I have a partner who insisted on using green pellets high in nitrogen in the soil. I only found out recently that they last 7 months....I’ve been using the recommended amount FloraGro, FloraMicro, FloraBloom and CalMag since the start of flower. The girls were also trimmed to extreme lengths so light could reach and air could flow. Am I right to assume stress caused the plants to seed? What are the chances of 4 different strains in 3 different stages to start seeding at the same time?
If this explanation was confusing, I apologize. I’m very new to growing and this has me completely stumped.

Seraphine

Seraphine

that’s enough stress to make at least one plant herm and grow bananas. at least you know what caused them to stress. For photoperiod plants, one night of interrupted darkness won’t cause the hormones to go out of whack but three or more consecutive nights of interrupted darkness will cause confusion and make the hormones go out of wack, stressing the plant. Sometimes it’s too much pruning, and least common (in my opinion) is nutrient stress. So with all that said, it was either the interrupted darkness (most likely) or pruning that at caused one or all of your plants to stress and grow bananas.

Seraphine

Seraphine

A banana is a male pollen sack in a female plant aka hermaphrodite.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only takes one reversed plant to seed a room. You have to inpect new plants regurlarly. I had this happen with a new to me breeders seeds recently.

The only good part is if the room was all female the seeds are all female. And the passing down the hermie trait is bro science. If it was grower error that caused the stress. Fix the error.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

that’s enough stress to make at least one plant herm and grow bananas. at least you know what caused them to stress. For photoperiod plants, one night of interrupted darkness won’t cause the hormones to go out of whack but three or more consecutive nights of interrupted darkness will cause confusion and make the hormones go out of wack, stressing the plant. Sometimes it’s too much pruning, and least common (in my opinion) is nutrient stress. So with all that said, it was either the interrupted darkness (most likely) or pruning thy at caused one or all of your plants to stress and grow bananas.

We posted at the same time. I agree except i think over pruning/defoliating and nutrient stress are main causes of reversal. I reversed some from nute stress recently. A sour diesel thai cross and a chemdog cross. Very sensitive plants those strains.

Seraphine

Seraphine

We posted at the same time. I agree except i think over pruning/defoliating and nutrient stress are main causes of reversal. I reversed some from nute stress recently. A sour diesel thai cross and a chemdog cross. Very sensitive plants those strains.
That’s true. I think it all depends on how sensitive the strain is.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That’s true. I think it all depends on how sensitive the strain is.

So many blame light leaks. And i have definitely nannered a plant right where a light leak hit her. But for the most part i never see nanners from a little light in flower. The old school strains were tested for it in breeding. Its the easiest stress test.

4plant

4plant

Spend some time and find the bananas, if there only on one plant the seeds on the others are viable fems. I had a kosher Tangie grow go bananas but I had no idea what plant the branch was from after trimming so I have a thousand or so seeds, probly 75% are good and 25% hermie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom