Seeds found in outdoor grow

• Thread starter Noobiegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

Just trimming up some of my last grow and im finding seeds. I dont mind I know its going to happen but...does anyone keep them and plant them for other grows? How did it go? Any draw backs that you noticed?

NairnM16

NairnM16

If it’s an outdoor grow, I’m thinking light exposure from the moon,
Cannabis grew for thousands of years without people, so I’m guessing if you didn’t harvest nd let the plant freeze up over winter and naturally harvest it’s self come spring them frozen seeds will defrost and germinate it’s self repeating the cycle

if u wanna stop the seeds get some sort of greenhouse or something nd a black out blind or cover so u can get 100% darkness

TSD

TSD

If it’s an outdoor grow, I’m thinking light exposure from the moon,
Cannabis grew for thousands of years without people, so I’m guessing if you didn’t harvest nd let the plant freeze up over winter and naturally harvest it’s self come spring them frozen seeds will defrost and germinate it’s self repeating the cycle

if u wanna stop the seeds get some sort of greenhouse or something nd a black out blind or cover so u can get 100% darkness
Or any neighbor within a 20 mile radius had a male and pollinated them. Happened to me this year, my neighbor had me look at his plant cause he didn't know if it was male and it had already shot pollen. I have a bunch of immature seeds in my crop, hazards of outdoor growing. To answer the OP's question, I personally don't grow them because I don't have the time and space to invest in plants that may turn out male and that I have no clue what they were crossed with. I usually give them away to friends that can't buy seeds if they want them.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Just trimming up some of my last grow and im finding seeds. I dont mind I know its going to happen but...does anyone keep them and plant them for other grows? How did it go? Any draw backs that you noticed?
There could be great things in those seeds. It can't be known from where we sit.

If you live in the US midwest, the chances of being pollenated by hemp is high. When I lived in Iowa, seeds in an outdoor grow were assumed worthless, for that reason. If that isn't the case where you live, give them a try if you have the room.

Do you have a refrigerator full of seeds from breeders with good reps? If so, maybe popping these seeds can wait a few years. If not, maybe they should be in your next grow.

Krispy420

Krispy420

I had two different outdoor plants this year that both had one single seed on them. Pretty weird right? you would think if a plant has one seed then you are bound to find more but nope, just 2 lonely seeds out of 6 plants. One was white and immature but the other one on the sativa plant was a nice mature brown speckled seed. I hung onto it and I'll probably pop it next year. These plants do some pretty strange things sometimes. You could use the seeds for future grows but just keep in mind you may have to deal with males and the genetics will probably be relatively similar to whatever you pulled them off of.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

With all the new growers in the legalized world pollen is definitely on the rise from all directions.

Madmax

Madmax

That is normal to me as ive had that happen for 10yrs straight only finding one or 2 per plant and thats okay.ive used those same seeds from when it first started .i could only think of 2 reasons .1 was the stem splitting and the other me going around to check them of a night..all seeds were fem..

Krispy420

Krispy420

1 was the stem splitting and the other me going around to check them of a night..all seeds were fem..
interesting, the sativa that i pulled the mature seed off had a stem split. A pretty bad one too split right down the center of the main stalk. Plant recovered well but maybe that was the stress that caused it in that case. Also interesting that you say all seeds were fem, are you proposing that's because the mother plant had been feminized it perhaps passed that down with the genes? I would not assume that's how it works but I honestly don't enough about breeding. Do you think that's the case or just good luck?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

If fem pollen fell on fem plant , well of coarse you have fem seeds.

But if mystery pollen pollinates you get just that , mystery.

Sure wish sex it was a simple as splitting a stock or checking plants with a light , those I would chalk up to pure bull crap luck.

Madmax

Madmax

interesting, the sativa that i pulled the mature seed off had a stem split. A pretty bad one too split right down the center of the main stalk. Plant recovered well but maybe that was the stress that caused it in that case. Also interesting that you say all seeds were fem, are you proposing that's because the mother plant had been feminized it perhaps passed that down with the genes? I would not assume that's how it works but I honestly don't enough about breeding. Do you think that's the case or just good luck?
No at first the seeds i used say 8 ...6 of them were females and they produced a seed or 2 so i just kept planting those every year for like 11 yrs lol.every single one after the first yr were female 😃i live in an illegal state so i just used what i had .was a good smoke so i thought why not keep growing them...

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

I find seeds and grow them every year. Regulars, male and female. Like a box of chocolate, they’re all chocolate.

Krispy420

Krispy420

If fem pollen fell on fem plant , well of coarse you have fem seeds.

But if mystery pollen pollinates you get just that , mystery.

Sure wish sex it was a simple as splitting a stock or checking plants with a light , those I would chalk up to pure bull crap luck.
But there's no such thing as "fem pollen"? Are you saying if a feminized plant hermies and polliates itself then those resulting seeds will be guaranteed fem?

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Your mistaking there, fem pollen comes from a female that is reversed to produce pollen , which in turn is used to produce female seeds if put on that plant or any other female.

Latest posts

Top Bottom