Seeds From Over Mature Buds

• Thread starter MrPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrPanda

MrPanda

i apologize if there’s a thread on this, couldn’t find one.

So, I’ve read a few places if you let your buds go over mature, they will seed them self and go into survival mode.

If you have done this, let me know. I’m curious how long it takes after their expected maturity date and if you can press the flowers after you in-seed the buds. I have a strain I didn’t take cuttings of that I want to try to keep in seed form.

Thanks all for your input

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

think chances of seeded buds in unpolinated plants are slim to none.

i apologize if there’s a thread on this, couldn’t find one.

So, I’ve read a few places if you let your buds go over mature, they will seed them self and go into survival mode.

If you have done this, let me know. I’m curious how long it takes after their expected maturity date and if you can press the flowers after you in-seed the buds. I have a strain I didn’t take cuttings of that I want to try to keep in seed form.

Thanks all for your input

below frigid

below frigid

Yes the female's will produce a pollen sack or two. If that plant pollinates it's self I believe offspring will be predominantly hermaphrdite . If you take the pollen from that plant and use it on different female you will get feminized seeds. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that is the way Soma makes his fem seeds.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes the female's will produce a pollen sack or two. If that plant pollinates it's self I believe offspring will be predominantly hermaphrdite . If you take the pollen from that plant and use it on different female you will get feminized seeds. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I think that is the way Soma makes his fem seeds.
Doesnt really make a difference if the female pollen knocks up itself or another plant if it carrys the hermi gene it will pass it . all depends on how stable the parents are

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

makes sense to me if you stress is and the calyxes are viable.

below frigid

below frigid

Doesnt really make a difference if the female pollen knocks up itself or another plant if it carrys the hermi gene it will pass it . all depends on how stable the parents are

Thanks, that's good to know.

Leew421

Leew421

S1 = Jenner
F1 = Jenny

What I have noticed is that when you pollinate a fem seed plant the resulting seeds dominate female qualities as far as ratio to males. Not saying you won't get a male though.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I've tried. I've actually tried hard as I wanted to save some gentics b4 I moved. Plants either have the herm trait, or you need to stress the hell out of em ( if your not using chemicals for this purposd) I've seen a strain grown by shit horrible growers with great genetics go years w/out a nanner. Run off of 4500 ppm, an peat ph og 4 didn't do it. However thoes vonditiond, throw a shitload of aphids, and they got an entire warehouse of seeded bud. ALL fems, and a GREAT cross. I was/am happy

Madbud

Madbud

Thats what i’m looking for too Mr Panda. I grew some bag seeds outdoors this year and have found five seeds in two different plants so far, nice looking beans same as the original ones in the bag last year. Have three clones that were taken in August, probably five or six weeks into flower and hope they produce a bucket of seeds for next year.

1A334D2C 8197 4410 A272 22CA9CE3A62F
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thats what i’m looking for too Mr Panda. I grew some bag seeds outdoors this year and have found five seeds in two different plants so far, nice looking beans same as the original ones in the bag last year. Have three clones that were taken in August, probably five or six weeks into flower and hope they produce a bucket of seeds for next year.
You can always reveg a lower branch. Unless you'r moving as I had to?
Ever since, I've not only made sure to cross it, although it's a time consuming bitch to BX, I also make S1's, especially on strains ya don't see everyday

20130531 182341 resized 1
20130606 212442 resized 1
Aeggdiaf 1
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
You can always reveg a lower branch. Unless you'r moving as I had to?
Ever since, I've not only made sure to cross it, although it's a time consuming bitch to BX, I also make S1's, especially on strains ya don't see everyday
Now thats a fam wjats the strain

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

One is Choc Trip x SD (it's called Choc Diesel. I believe there are 3 cuts. That's the good one. Had it tested at 26.41 several years ago, and chopped a week early. My avitar is that strain grown in a coffee cup!) The other I'm just saying "prehistoric" maybe a crazy BD?, as it tastes just like BB. Both flower so fast, I flip em in 2 weeks depending on 8, or 10 ft ceelings. The coffee cup was not vegged at all.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
One is Choc Trip x SD (it's called Choc Diesel. I believe there are 3 cuts. That's the good one. Had it tested at 26.41 several years ago, and chopped a week early. My avitar is that strain grown in a coffee cup!) The other I'm just saying "prehistoric" maybe a crazy BD?, as it tastes just like BB. Both flower so fast, I flip em in 2 weeks depending on 8, or 10 ft ceelings. The coffee cup was not vegged at all.
Id do some shit for choco diesel

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Id do some shit for choco diesel
Lol. That is not my cross, but the Avitar is my BX. After several years, and a ton of beans, I got it back. I'v used the Choc, or Prehistoric in just about all my crosses. I HATE trimming, and thoes are easy trims. Here's The Col cut of Tahoe og. It made super dence nugs. Believe it or not, each table hit 2 or better. A bit too leafy though. Very good flavor, and super easy to grow as long as the canopy stays even...Well that's very important to the style I use. Can't say I invented it, but I feel I improved upon it.
Last bud is from the 150 closet plant

2011 08 19 15 56 23 116
20140618 210042 1
20140612 202044
2011 07 10 01 17 11 834
Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

That first pic is the strain I lost. That was grown under a 150, and tasted just like grape jolly ranchers. That was my first indoor plant. Grown in an 18x24x3ft linen cloeset. I wish i still had that one. That's the one I did everything I could to make herm.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice man are you from Colorado?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Well looks like the convo has moved on, but look up rodalization (I am sure that's spelled wrong) as that be the sciency term for letting a plant just keep going until it herms. Soma was an advocate of that method, not sure if it has any real advantage over using sts or colloidal silver to get the herms.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well looks like the convo has moved on, but look up rodalization (I am sure that's spelled wrong) as that be the sciency term for letting a plant just keep going until it herms. Soma was an advocate of that method, not sure if it has any real advantage over using sts or colloidal silver to get the herms.
Yeah, but with some strains, I've kept em going for months, and months. I believe they call em "true females" they just are true XX chromosomes. I haven't done enough study's to say 100%, but if ya can get it to self, it has at least some herm genetics. This is not fact, just some things I've read, and limited experience

Top Bottom