Seeds Germinated (more like opened up) but not Growing?!

• Thread starter Bim024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bim024

So I have like 3 Gelato Seeds and 3 Ice Cream Cake seeds, where most of 'em germinated in like 4-5 days the rest is hopefully germinating soon. I've put them in some Coco-Pods soaked with water. They have more than enough water, the humidity is about 80-85% and the temperature is about 23°-27°C.
The Problem is, that the rest of the seeds cracked open (you can see the root peeking out) but the root wont grow . The seeds already taken a bit longer to open up, but they wont grow now. Does anyone know why? Is it because they are old seeds and just need a bit longer or did I do something that I shouldn't have done? Or am I just beeing to impatient?

I can post some Pics later.

If anyone know something, please let me know.

Galgrows

Galgrows

So I have like 3 Gelato Seeds and 3 Ice Cream Cake seeds, where most of 'em germinated in like 4-5 days the rest is hopefully germinating soon. I've put them in some Coco-Pods soaked with water. They have more than enough water, the humidity is about 80-85% and the temperature is about 23°-27°C.
The Problem is, that the rest of the seeds cracked open (you can see the root peeking out) but the root wont grow . The seeds already taken a bit longer to open up, but they wont grow now. Does anyone know why? Is it because they are old seeds and just need a bit longer or did I do something that I shouldn't have done? Or am I just beeing to impatient?

I can post some Pics later.

If anyone know something, please let me know.
I think impatience could be part of it. If it's got a root it's searching don't bury it too deep or overwater. How'd you germinate them?

B

Bim024

I think impatience could be part of it. If it's got a root it's searching don't bury it too deep or overwater. How'd you germinate them?
Sorry for answering just now.
For Germination i just put the seeds in a earrh/coco pod and watered them. And obviously they are in a controlled environment, with 80-90% Humidity and around 25°C. They are about 1-2 cm beneath the ground.

And I know I didn't underwater them, but I may have overwatered them. That could be it.

Maybe I give a little update, so most of the seed are still in the same state as described before. They cracked opend but don't grow there roots, like in the Foto.
Just for the purposes of this Foto I dug the little guy up. And I know the coco-pod looks dry but it is pretty moist.

20240506 082825
Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

it could happen some seeds will crack open then won't grow afterward, cause could be too old seeds, overwatering, fungi, bacteria etc ....

R

RhastaBlasta

Seeds are vulnerable, perhaps they got damaged or maybe just old ones. Although sometimes seeds that were lying for 10 years germinate no problem so who knows. But, this one is probably dead and no hope for it

Latest posts

Top Bottom