Seeds Not Germinated

• Thread starter Marxib
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Marxib

Hi guys!

Can you tell me why these auto flowering seeds (I don’t know if I can say the brand name) aren’t germinated?

Initially immersed in water for 48h with roots stimulator, after which inserted in sheets of paper at 30-40 Celsius degrees (with the same water solution) until today, after 10 days passed. Everyone has opened slightly, but no one shows that he has pulled out the main root. Today I notice that on the soaked paper they left this residue of yellow (I do not know what it is). Can someone explain to me why and what is wrong?

Seeds not germinated
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The best method I’ve used to germinate seeds is just to put them in a damp paper towel and fold it up. Then insert the paper towel and seeds into a ziplock bag. Blow a little air in it and then seal it up. Put it somewhere warm but not hot and wait.

They usually pop in 24-48 hours.

If they don’t pop after 5 days I’ll put the seed into my mouth and lightly bite down to crack it open. Be careful doing this as you can easily ruin the seed if you bite with too much pressure. Then put it back in the paper towel and bag for another day or so.

It’s a last ditch effort to get them to germinate. If that doesn’t work then the seed was simply a dud. It happens.

Try a few more and if those do the same contact the company you bought them from. In all my years popping seeds I’ve never had to contact a company to replace seeds. I’ve grown a couple dozen strains and some take longer than others but after a week you can consider it a bad seed.

Also that paper towel looks really wet. You don’t want them to be wet just damp. Wring out the excess water and then insert the seeds.

M

Marxib

Thank you for answers!

JWM2, I will follow your advice!

It’s not one seed but five seeds from different strains with the same results and evidences, so probably there was a mistake from me...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you for answers!

JWM2, I will follow your advice!

It’s not one seed but five seeds from different strains with the same results and evidences, so probably there was a mistake from me...

Hey no worries. We’ve all had issues from time to time. I wouldn’t use anything but plain tap water on the seeds btw. There’s no need.

Some like to soak the seeds 24 hours before putting them in paper towel. I’ve tried that and didn’t have any better results. So I don’t do it.

Top Bottom