Seeds or Clones

• Thread starter Coffeecups
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coffeecups

Coffeecups

We are planning on planting marijuana ASAP. We will be growing in pots. I am in Oklahoma. I have read that seeds do better than clones outside due to the better root system. But I know it is getting late so are we better off planting clones.

Is it better to plant autoflowing?

Thank you.

growsince79

growsince79

We are planning on planting marijuana ASAP. We will be growing in pots. I am in Oklahoma. I have read that seeds do better than clones outside due to the better root system. But I know it is getting late so are we better off planting clones.

Thank you.
Autos are garbage imo. Hundreds of dispenseries in Oklahoma offer seeds and clones Even some of the garden stores sell them. I have a hard time believing they are selling their best cut though. Oklahoma clone company in okc that has some interesting strains. I would go from seed if I were you.

the rrock

the rrock

not sure how many plants your doing,if you get seeds started now you will have decent size plants, clones you never know.Female seeds would be my choice unless you have no plant limits,or grow some of each(clone/seeds)
Agree that autoflowers suck,but ive never grown one in over 40 years of growing so maybe im clueless about them

growsince79

growsince79

not sure how many plants your doing,if you get seeds started now you will have decent size plants, clones you never know.Female seeds would be my choice unless you have no plant limits,or grow some of each(clone/seeds)
Agree that autoflowers suck,but ive never grown one in over 40 years of growing so maybe im clueless about them
For medical patients it's six flowering and six veg. Outdoors it must be behind 6' fence and not visible from the street.

mancorn

mancorn

Thank you.
Since you're late out of the gate, go with clones. It will take a month to get your seeds to clone size.

ElCrecedor

ElCrecedor

1Clones is the way to go !! I did my outdoor recreational with all clones and it was bigger than the next farm that had all seeds! Plus everything in my farm was 28% thc out door his seeds 19%thc and its not gas LOL!!!!

frebo

frebo

Thank you.
1Clones is the way to go !! I did my outdoor recreational with all clones and it was bigger than the next farm that had all seeds! Plus everything in my farm was 28% thc out door his seeds 19%thc and its not gas LOL!!!!
[/QUOTE
Most clones at the dispensaries here in Oregon list the THC/CBD %’s of the mother plant.

ElCrecedor

ElCrecedor

Sometime you can't go by that because everyone grows different, technic is a very big part of it. I personally moved up to exotics strains because they pay more for those strains in the dispensaries and the THC number doesn't matter as much because, let say runtz is very popular and no one has it especially in Oregon so they pay more it.

frebo

frebo

Sometime you can't go by that because everyone grows different, technic is a very big part of it. I personally moved up to exotics strains because they pay more for those strains in the dispensaries and the THC number doesn't matter as much because, let say runtz is very popular and no one has it especially in Oregon so they pay more it.
Or just change the name?

You can’t go by it BUT it is a pretty good indicator. How exotic is a seed you bought with a fancy name if it was really something else. Hopefully I’m a better grower than the grower that produced the clone and I know I feed it better.

ElCrecedor

ElCrecedor

Or just change the name?

You can’t go by it BUT it is a pretty good indicator. How exotic is a seed you bought with a fancy name if it was really something else. Hopefully I’m a better grower than the grower that produced the clone and I know I feed it better.
Then you will lose all the marketing that went behind that, so you don't have to pay for that :)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep clones for me it’s a better option at this late stage in your season I’m just getting my new seed ready for my spring planting after August here in Tassie got to be prepared to hit the ground as soon as possible with seed grows . Good luck regards Od .

dire wolf

dire wolf

You should try a run with exotic's in will blow you away with results!
Hey el , what do you mean by exotics ? Like clones are " exotic " and seeds are just seeds ?
Or do you mean to buy seeds from " exotics" genetics seed company ....
Very interested in exotics

dire wolf

dire wolf

Is "runtz" really a strain ? That don't sound too exotic 😜

ElCrecedor

ElCrecedor

Genetics , strains that are hot right now and people are paying big money to acquire them, because the demand is so high and not everyone can acquire the real deal, clone or seeds. If you grow Runtz or Cookies Fam strains, chances are you don't any flower because it's being sold faster than anyone can produce.

frebo

frebo

Is a Pinkleberry Kush exotic enough in a clone.
B6BDFA88 1539 4BCF B0E3 358AF5C038BF

Anthem

Anthem

Is "runtz" really a strain ? That don't sound too exotic 😜
It is a strain Dire Wolf. It is suppose to be a poor producer from what I have learned but the price for it is way up there, so people are growing it. As I said I have no experience growing it, but I know someone that is suppose to be getting a cut for like 2 months.

frebo

frebo

Looks, good but not what cookies store is looking for though, is that outdoor ?
Of course it is outdoor. Dispensaries in Oregon sell both in and outdoor Bud and I bought this clone and the rest of my garden from different dispensaries. Most dispensaries have their own grows and only licensed growers can sell to dispensaries.

Carl Sagan
PHK
Chocolate hashberry
GG4
Bruce Banner
Zookies
Blessed Hellride
Sky walker OG
Pinkleberry Kush
Mac 3
Ghost train haze
Banana martini
Sour Tangie
Pineapple Express

I suppose these are not “exotic” either.
you seem to be really STUCK on one supplier. Do you have a financial interest in exotic?

Top Bottom