Seeds sinking to bottom and then floating after I pick them out.

• Thread starter Noobster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobster

Noobster

That's some solace at least. Thank you. I germinated 3 different plants twice and the same strand does both. I have not a clue as I usually use a napkin in a plastic baggie. Do you recommend a cloning gel? This is my first grow and want to make the best of it. Knowing these plants are picky, I really don't want to Mrs this up

Ponky

Ponky

That's some solace at least. Thank you. I germinated 3 different plants twice and the same strand does both. I have not a clue as I usually use a napkin in a plastic baggie. Do you recommend a cloning gel? This is my first grow and want to make the best of it. Knowing these plants are picky, I really don't want to Mrs this up
I keep it simple. Glass of tap water. Placed on a the cable box. Drop the seeds in and in 1 to 5 days as they open I pick them up with a spoon and pour them tail first into a small pot with Promix in it. Lightly cover the hole with a tiny pinch of the promix.
The promix is moist. And a root heater help.

When that seedling pops up wearing its seed pod hat, I gently tease the seed pod to fall off. Gently. Like ridiculously gentle. Sing it a song first.

Fret not. The simple method works. No need for a chemistry set. PH tester. Clean water. Quality food. A good light. And quality seeds and some TLC and in a year you'll have good weed coming out your ears.

Noobster

Noobster

I'm figuring they will be fine also. Was just a concern since I've never germinated like that before. I'm using hydroponics to accomplish this grow. pH is at 5.8, 6x4x2 tent with chiller. This is what was recommended as far as pH standard.

Noobster

Noobster

I know I'm asking and probably to much of you but ..My ppm is at 174. If this safe or did it need to go down and other than reverse osmosis, is the a way to bring it down? I'm guessing if it does need less, a filter? I'm also assuming that if I need to bring it down, change the water and start over. Thanks again for your time on this matter.

Ponky

Ponky

I know I'm asking and probably to much of you but ..My ppm is at 174. If this safe or did it need to go down and other than reverse osmosis, is the a way to bring it down? I'm guessing if it does need less, a filter? I'm also assuming that if I need to bring it down, change the water and start over. Thanks again for your time on this matter.
Less than 200 ppm is fine. Ideal even. My water is steady 160 ppm. Very low chlorine. I don't have to filter it. All my seedlings and clones are born in tap water.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
exactly as @Ponky said though i add some hydrogen peroxide to the water at a 8-10% strength, leave in glass for 10-12 hrs no worries if they sink or float than plant, usually all up within 4 days, never fails me, yet.
and it’s good for the seed..

Noobster

Noobster

You guys are awesome! Thanks. First grow and the ppm meter was showing red. Weirded me out 😂

Ponky

Ponky

How would you check it then? Didn't know there was another option.

You can test hardness with strips. But in all honesty most reservoirs hardness is consistent. Once that PPM meter breaks just assume it's the same PPM. If you get lucky your meter will last for months. Plus GH makes trio for hard water. It works. If the water doesn't kill you the plants can learn to cope.

Noobster

Noobster

I didn't wash the stones and had to rinse and wipe everything. I may not have gotten all the dust out. System is up. About to put the girls in. Test strips, if this meter were to go, would be my next step. I'm using distilled water and one seed(3 days in to germ) won't pop 😔

Top Bottom