Seeds vs Clones

• Thread starter Ketamine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ketamine

Ketamine

I would like to ask what makes seeds so expensive,you dont even know if they will sprout,what sex....ect. You can buy clones cheap 5-7.00 all day long.

I

ibTheMan

Seeds Yield better most the time, plus there not expensive be n one can yield lots and the clones u take are fresh and you know what is is, plus with buyn cuts your just askn for Mites, PM , and Poor quality.

S

spinkus

Plus every seed you pop from good, high quality genetics could be the next clone/cut thats all the rage, that everyone wants. With clones your smoking the same tired ol' strains all the time. With seeds you get SO much VARIETY and usually find something really special. Keep moms of the extraordinary females from seed that you find and have your own clones!

Afterall, variety is the Spice of Life! :)

Ketamine

Ketamine

OK I see.....I do notice some tired stuff for sure. Thanks for your input......I have some seed sowing to do.....lol

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well... I had bought 300.00 worth of clones... they had bugs and disease. So... I lost out on 300.00

Bought some seeds... all of them germed and so far... so good. Just my thoughts as I will most likely never buy clones again.... unless I know the farmer or have an isolation chamber to deal with problems.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I have clone mothers & papas that i mainly use to make my own seeds, because like most folks are say'n seeds usually yield better.

S

SwollenCalyx

A clone gifted from a highly respected grower, like a clone-only, personal cross or extremely rare phenotype, can mean more than any seeds you can buy to some growers.
However, I prefer seeds myself as do most people I know who are looking to grow personal smoke or do any breeding at all (unless it is a clone-only you are looking to use as the mother).
The best part about seeds has to be getting a killer male though imo.
Cheers.

S

spinkus

How long will pollen stay good for when its packed right and in the freezer? Just curious about this...

l thought it was only for a year or so?

S

Sea Of Green

I would guess indefinitely. If kept in an air tight container, preferably vacuum sealed. Can't imagine why it wouldn't, they rest of the dried plant matter would.

Anywho, clones all day everyday for me. Nothing wrong with seeds, we all need seeds at some point. Unless we're talking about vs. feminized vs. IBL vs. hybrid. If you're not getting seeds from a stable line and/or feminized, then it's not even close to being worth the time involved IMO. By the time you're finished starting 10 seeds through 'til you harvest 'em, you'll have one or two females that were nice(if you're lucky). By that time you could have EASILY grown 10x clones with NO hassles and unequalled consistency.

What do you really want to do as a cannabis farmer? I'll tell you what I recommend.

Find a mother plant or two that are the quintessence of what you're really looking for in a plant based on what/where/why you intend on growing them. Get busy growing some clones of them, eternally if necessary.

I've been growing a single strain in the last ~9 years. I've found it suits all my needs perfectly, a true all-in-wonder. I grew it from seeds purchased from ME. It will die when I die. No. It's seeds aren't particularly rare. Shiskaberry is actually still sold under another name to this day(currently Kish). Who knows what can happen though. I know everbody ain't growin' it.

There will always be cool new strains every year, just like there will always be cool new cars every year. Does it make owning and driving a classic Corvette from the 70's every day any less desirable?

When I was growing up, getting a constant supply of a particular strain of really good/classic bud from somebody was a rare and highly appreciated thing. I used to count on this guy or that to be able to hook me up with the "insert chronic name brand here" everytime. And it would work out like that for years on end with the same connection sometimes. This is not a new idea. I didn't just make this up.

Nowadays, everybody seems to be fascinated with the concept of growing multiple strains and/or triple-super-hyper-combo-multi-hybridized-fantasy-wonderland buds. I don't know...maybe I'm old-school or I just don't got the time for it. But whatever the case may be, I can't seem to get too fascinated by it anymore. I do remember drooling over seed catalogs in the beginning. However, that got old relatively quick. My life doesn't revolve around cannabis I suppose, I do other things to. Clones have made my life as a cannabis farmer easier in more ways than one, that much I'm 1000% sure of!

Oh boy...article done...MEDS PLEASE!

P

Pandaman

Everybody here has made great points :).

Me <--- My 2cents; I think that everyone should grow out seeds in all possible ways, at least once. I ended up with WAY too many seeds (regular) from my last grow. Although I love this Love Potion, I really want Feminized seeds, so I'm doing a Selfing project. Selfing is great for "Clone Only" strains :)

Peace,
Panda

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have to say if you cant get cuts from a reputable source (meaing that they are clean and the cut they are supposed to be) seeds is the best way to go

take cuts of everything you start right when or before you flower them - once you have your winning keepers mom them and cull the rest

if your in a non med area then seeds is a no-brainer

Top Bottom