Seeds

• Thread starter Johnfs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnfs

Johnfs

Seeds
Ok now my plants have been in flower for
2 weeks .in that first week found that .
2of my 5 plants where found to have balls.
Did notice that soe of there balls where open . My question is at what point in flower will
Seeds spear

Thanks as always

william76

william76

If there only 2 weeks u should be ok still,remove the males now,and watch for anymore,if u want them seeded leave the males in,ull still have too flower the mom for her whole flower period for to get the beans,good luck,76

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

If the plants have already released pollen regardless if your females are mature enough you're going to have pollen EVERYHWERE in your tent. I would say better luck next time and run it to harvest some seeds on the bright side you wont have to buy anymore seeds for a good long while unless you want variety.

Johnfs

Johnfs

If the plants have already released pollen regardless if your females are mature enough you're going to have pollen EVERYHWERE in your tent. I would say better luck next time and run it to harvest some seeds on the bright side you wont have to buy anymore seeds for a good long while unless you want variety.
Well you are wright at least 3 or 4 where open they looked like flowers inside killed them both

william76

william76

Ull be ok,wont be long then ull see if its bad with the amount of pollinated pistills!,76

H

heisen

i personally would never plant a seed from a hermied plant that did it on her own if all the environmental variables were ok.Her offspring will tend to want to hermie.
Now forcing females to hermie with CS is a different story and i would never self pollinate.Pollinate separate plants and the offspring will be nice females that are way less likely to herm.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I don't think it's a plant herming I think 2 out of the 5 plants turned out to be males rather than females? or did I misread somewhere that 2 girls hermied. If it was a hermie ya its no good but if it's a male it would be fine.

Organikz

Organikz

I plan on doing a breeding run with my Guatemala standard. Crap has like a 12 week flower.

You might have a couple seeds but the pollen doesn't stay viable very long. Breeders rig up ropes and pullies in their breeding chambers so they can shake the males to increase pollination.

william76

william76

Yea,but like with alot of other things its strain dependant,some u dont need alot(most)and others u might need to use a bit more and different strains/males also give different amounts of pollen.76

Organikz

Organikz

True but I'd you watch vader OG. He shows you how he seals his breeding chambers. Then they l8ft the male out of the flood tray and let him dry up and die. Then they wait a week and open it. They know by now pollen is no longer viable. He only has preflowers. If he culls them out now the pollen will be dead by the time real buds form.

Latest posts

Top Bottom