Seeking Advice For The Beginning Of My First Grow

• Thread starter Jhax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jhax

Jhax

I have everything taken care of, lights, nutes (im using flora trio with flora kleen at the end) and a nice 4x6x8 tent. I going hydro with DWC. I even have the seeds. My only delima is a nutrient chart for thr general hydroponics flora trio....and im not sure if my DWC method will blend well with a nutrient plan because im useing 32 gallon tubs per 2 plants

DGP

DGP

Doesn't matter how big the tubs are t g e nute concentration is calculated by the gallon of water.

How are you going to keep your water cool? I needs to be under 69F or you'll get root rot from anerobic bacteria growth. The most c ommon issue for first time hydro growers. It is extremely difficult to skate by without a chiller.

Dee

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

How are you going to keep your water cool? I needs to be under 69F or you'll get root rot from anerobic bacteria growth. The most c ommon issue for first time hydro growers. It is extremely difficult to skate by without a chiller.

Dee
Hmmm. how have I managed all these years without a chiller?

S

Simplicio

I have everything taken care of, lights, nutes (im using flora trio with flora kleen at the end) and a nice 4x6x8 tent. I going hydro with DWC. I even have the seeds. My only delima is a nutrient chart for thr general hydroponics flora trio....and im not sure if my DWC method will blend well with a nutrient plan because im useing 32 gallon tubs per 2 plants

DWC will give your plants nute burn if you follow the nute manufacturer's recommendations.
Many of us use 1/4 to 1/2 strength.
I just burned my 4 week old plants with 250 ppm of Current Culture nutes, and even 180 ppm (500 scale) is causing some trouble.
Seedlings are especially susceptible to light/nute burn.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

DWC will give your plants nute burn if you follow the nute manufacturer's recommendations.
Many of us use 1/4 to 1/2 strength.
I just burned my 4 week old plants with 250 ppm of Current Culture nutes, and even 180 ppm (500 scale) is causing some trouble.
Seedlings are especially susceptible to light/nute burn.
Not true but your absolutely right that it can. Transpiration rates will vary for every setup the higher the transpiration rate the lower you will want your ppms in your system. And vice versa. The major contributing factors are temps and humidity combined. I would guess you have high temps and lower humidity if your seeing this. Of course this does vary with stage of growth.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Not true but your absolutely right that it can. Transpiration rates will vary for every setup the higher the transpiration rate the lower you will want your ppms in your system. And vice versa. The major contributing factors are temps and humidity combined. I would guess you have high temps and lower humidity if your seeing this. Of course this does vary with stage of growth.
Says the guy who has never grown weed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nope but I have used nutes I make myself growing aquatic plants for about 20 yrs. and know how to measure nutrient uptake individually and as a whole... Science you should try it sometime. I don't think you can disprove VPD and the endless studies on it now.. or can you?

You do know most of the shit applied in hydro came from the aquarium hobby right?

You are the only person I know that think temps of 100F and high water temps are fine in hydro. Go figure though everyone but you is doing it wrong right?
Your either full of shit of very lucky.. i won't try to figure that one out

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nothing? You know I really try to avoid these convos and respect the fact you have experience and some good knowledge but if you keep picking at me I have no problem calling your bs

sixstring

sixstring

Floraseriessimpledrainfeed

Top Bottom