Seeking Advice: Reversing Flowering and Cloning Challenges in Cannabis Growth

• Thread starter Dr420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr420

"I am new to this hobby and currently reside in an area that isn't particularly friendly towards cannabis cultivation. However, I came across some random seeds and decided to give growing a try. Out of the 30 seeds I planted, only 3 managed to survive. To cut the long story short, two of them are flourishing quite well, while the third plant appears healthy but remains small in size.

For my grow setup, I utilized a hydroponic system and a 200w LED spotlight. Both the pH level and the ppm (parts per million) are within the appropriate range, indicating that everything is going smoothly. However, I recently noticed early signs of flowering, with two white hairs starting to emerge. It has been 36 days since I initially planted the seeds. Now, my main question is whether it's worth attempting to reverse the flowering process. If not, should I switch the light cycle to a 12/12 schedule?

As for my second question, I took clones of the plants 10 days before spotting any signs of flowering. The clones seem to be in good condition and still alive, but I haven't noticed any root development yet. Is there a chance that they will eventually root? Obtaining seeds is challenging for me, so cloning is currently my only hope. Please provide some guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dr420

Yeah what a relief , I was stressed out about ending up with some male plants.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Yeah what a relief , I was stressed out about ending up with some male plants.
and as far as the clones go, they usually look like crap by the time they root. I actually found a clone I gave up for dead thriving in a solo cup that I tossed next to my compost pile. Be patient and keep them damp. They'll usually throw some green when you think they are goners

D

Dr420

Should I switch the light cycle sence the are starting to flowering, or should I keep the cycle 18/6 for one more week and see? I don't want to stress them.

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Should I switch the light cycle sence the are starting to flowering, or should I keep the cycle 18/6 for one more week and see? I don't want to stress them.
keep them on 18/6, IMO they are not starting to flower (nor will they at 18/6). Its just showing it's lady bits to you.

socks4free

socks4free

and as far as the clones go, they usually look like crap by the time they root. I actually found a clone I gave up for dead thriving in a solo cup that I tossed next to my compost pile. Be patient and keep them damp. They'll usually throw some green when you think they are goners
I just decided to give cloning a shot this summer in an attempt to save a few of the current plants I have. I just started to see roots popping out on the first clone yesterday. I was worried with how beat up these girls started looking the last few days that they wouldn't root so its always reassuring to hear this is common lol.

Top Bottom