Seeking contributing writers for cannabis-focused digital magazine

• Thread starter Mr. Molecule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Hey friends, I'm working on the maiden issue of a new digital magazine on cannabis. I'm hoping to meet a few people who would like to contribute articles to the first issue.

I'd consider articles on a wide range of subtopics, as long as the topic is cannabis, of course. They can be on culture, growing techniques/info, genetics, chemistry, anything really. The main thing is that it be interesting to read, have a modern take on the subject in most cases, and at least 500 words and no more than 2000 words.

My intent for the tone or slant of the magazine is to have it be kind of cutting-edge and scientific, so I would especially welcome articles that discuss some of the more scientific aspects of cannabis (including genetics and breeding). Even if the info isn't totally cutting-edge, that's okay as long as the content is interesting and written with a passionate/intelligent voice. (I'm the editor, so don't worry if the writing isn't perfectly formatted and mistake-free—it will be before it gets published.)

I'm launching this thing on a shoestring (maybe saying "thread" is more accurate) so I don't have money to pay for articles this first round. But I anticipate that on the strength of the maiden issue, I'm going to be able to get a good number of paying advertisers who will buy ad space, and then at that point the project will be solvent (in the black), and paying writers for their work will become quite easy to do. So if you want a slot as a paid contributing writer in the future, the time to help me launch this thing would be now, in the early days. Naturally, having a piece published can only enhance your profile, so the first work will be compensated in that sense, at least.

If you're interested in submitting something or talking about it, please email me at canna-mag @ hushmail (dot) com or PM me here.

Last edited:
showmegreen

showmegreen

Welp, I recon that'd leev us har red-neck-edd hillbillies from bein one o'them thar writerz then? Shucks! Why all them edumicated an sciency folk git all tha breaks in life? One-a theze days im gonna build a ship sowz I can hav it come in fer me! Dag nab it! Lol jus kiddin wit ya. Good luck and look forward to the readin. As jus as soon as I learn how to. ? Why a digital mag? They ain't got no paper where ya'from? Heck you can make it with the plants ya learn ta grow from your magazine writin people ya hire. Jus Funnin for real. SERIOUSLY GET THAT INFO OUT THERE! BLESSINGS TO YOU!

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Welp, I recon that'd leev us har red-neck-edd hillbillies from bein one o'them thar writerz then? Shucks! Why all them edumicated an sciency folk git all tha breaks in life? One-a theze days im gonna build a ship sowz I can hav it come in fer me! Dag nab it! Lol jus kiddin wit ya. Good luck and look forward to the readin. As jus as soon as I learn how to. ? Why a digital mag? They ain't got no paper where ya'from? Heck you can make it with the plants ya learn ta grow from your magazine writin people ya hire. Jus Funnin for real. SERIOUSLY GET THAT INFO OUT THERE! BLESSINGS TO YOU!
What he was trying to say with all tha crapola was he is just joshin ya............If you'd like any organics insight id love to help in anyway I can!.

showmegreen

showmegreen

What he was trying to say with all tha crapola was he is just joshin ya............If you'd like any organics insight id love to help in anyway I can!.
Yep yep that be wat I ment. And seriously I would love to help anyway I could. My growing is probably more primative than 99.999% of the growers here but I bet your boots that I can keep up with the best of'em. If you want a article on guerilla tactics and close to true organics I can definitly give my two cents.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

Hey, sorry, I haven't checked the thread for a bit. I got a little discouraged for a while there, but I'm glad to have some interest from you guys.

Hell yeah, KK, I have ideas. How about something on the history of cannabis use as medicine in China? Or maybe one on the theorized/demonstrated spectrum of disease treatment indicated by the various cannabinoids? Or perhaps an essay on the influence on terpenoid expression exerted by nutritional factors? It can be whatever you feel you know about and can talk (write) about.

There was one post you have on here, I was just looking for it but couldn't find it... you went on for about 10 inches of monitor space about your views/theories on the history of cannabis and the development of it use in various geographical regions and the environmental aspects, etc. Whether or not the info was 100% accurate, it was genius stuff because you painted a very vivid picture of one possible version of facts. It was good reading. That's one type of thing I'm looking for. Maybe you could find that post for me and we could develop it into an article.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

So wats the word on the zine bro?

I'm waiting for your article on organics, that's what's up! ;) Why not come up with something where you simply describe in detail your methods? Make it about 500-600 words, that's not hard to come up with. Throw in cool scientific terms like rhizosphere and endomycorrhizae. The important thing is that it be fresh and not just a repackaging of a forum post, if possible. Yet, even if it were from a forum post, as the editor I would polish it and tighten it up a bit so that it wasn't just a carbon copy of forum material.

At this time, I'm about to start writing the two or three pieces that I'm going to be contributing to the maiden issue. I'm just trying to decide on the topics.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Right arm! Guess im gonna hav'ta goin figure out what a rhizospere an a end-o-my-corn-haze is an git back to ya. Thank ya fer yer response an I pray ya don't git frustrated about yer dream. Worry is a waste of the imagination. You got this!
So ya think like an article on how ta
make good soil without goin to tha walmarts would be good?

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

Hey Mr.Molecule it's on my Pakistan/afghan landraces thread I forgot what page though. Also I'm going to start wrighting my views about cannabis science, how environments influence cannabis, and others. It's all going to be based on fact and some opinion. I goning to start with a rough draft, I'll show you it when it's done. When I PM you the essays I want to here you opinion about it, and if it's everything your looking for or more then I'm going to type it up and Email it to you. PM me your email address please.

KK

Top Bottom