Seeking info on humidifiers for grow tents

• Thread starter FlatheadFisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

I’m setting up a 5 by 5 flower tent and a 2by 4 for clones/veg and really don’t know where to begin with reputable products. I was looking at AC Infinity humidifiers and fans, they seem reasonably priced, but the humidifiers are out of stock currently. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I've had an AC Infinity T3 humidifier on order for several months. It was supposed to be delivered last month. It's their smallest model. I like how it doesn't have to be inside the tent. AC Infinity's outlets were also out of stock at the time and arrived too late for this grow.

Because I couldn't wait till the AC Infinity humidifier arrived, I bought a small one from Amazon that can be controlled from an outlet controller. I also bought an Ink Bird humidity controller to use with the humidifier. So far, it has worked very well. Unlike the AC Infinity model, it has to be inside the tent. It's small, though, so it doesn't use much space. There's another larger one by the same company that would be better for a larger tent. I'm using mine in a 2x4x6 tent.

Here's a link to the $25 one I bought from Amazon: 1.70L Quiet Ultrasonic Humidifier.

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

I've had an AC Infinity T3 humidifier on order for several months. It was supposed to be delivered last month. It's their smallest model. I like how it doesn't have to be inside the tent. AC Infinity's outlets were also out of stock at the time and arrived too late for this grow.

Because I couldn't wait till the AC Infinity humidifier arrived, I bought a small one from Amazon that can be controlled from an outlet controller. I also bought an Ink Bird humidity controller to use with the humidifier. So far, it has worked very well. Unlike the AC Infinity model, it has to be inside the tent. It's small, though, so it doesn't use much space. There's another larger one by the same company that would be better for a larger tent. I'm using mine in a 2x4x6 tent.

Here's a link to the $25 one I bought from Amazon: 1.70L Quiet Ultrasonic Humidifier.
Appreciate the advice. I’m trying to avoid getting accessories that end up not being what I need. I have friends telling me horror stories about all the wasted $ they have spent. I’d like to spend time researching and asking veteran growers to avoid headaches.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I use a reptile humidifier with built in humidity controller. Can be outside of tent; it has a tube that feeds the tent. It's like $60 and holds a gallon of water.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Appreciate the advice. I’m trying to avoid getting accessories that end up not being what I need. I have friends telling me horror stories about all the wasted $ they have spent. I’d like to spend time researching and asking veteran growers to avoid headaches.
Sure, I'm not a veteran grower, but I needed a humidifier and found a solution that has worked well. I have an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro, but when I needed a humidifier for a grow in progress, I had to do something and there was nothing available from them that would work with my controller. They have the controller plug available now, and that can work with any humidifier that remembers its settings (<- important), as can Ink Bird controllers. My experience in using AC Infinity components is not to wait. Buy what you need/want when it's available, because they're having stock problems. When the outlet controllers were back in stock, I bought two of them, just in case I might need them. They do have very good products, though. Meanwhile, I'm very impressed with the two Ink Bird controllers and CO2 monitor I'm using.

E

elusiveshame

My understanding is if they make a mist you may need RO water or you will have build up or scaling from the source water. 🤔
I like and specifically look for evaporative humidifiers.
Yep, you will, but it’s easy enough to clean (at least the one I’m using is since you just remove the lid and everything is accessible).

The 2 reptile ones I also use require the same treatment, but if you don’t mind cleaning every week or 2, it shouldn’t be a problem.

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Sure, I'm not a veteran grower, but I needed a humidifier and found a solution that has worked well. I have an AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro, but when I needed a humidifier for a grow in progress, I had to do something and there was nothing available from them that would work with my controller. They have the controller plug available now, and that can work with any humidifier that remembers its settings (<- important), as can Ink Bird controllers. My experience in using AC Infinity components is not to wait. Buy what you need/want when it's available, because they're having stock problems. When the outlet controllers were back in stock, I bought two of them, just in case I might need them. They do have very good products, though. Meanwhile, I'm very impressed with the two Ink Bird controllers and CO2 monitor I'm using.
I’ve got a little time so I went ahead and ordered fans from AC and put my name on the list for an alert on the humidifier. I have around a month befor I need it so I’m gonna roll the dice.

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

If your planning on growing for a while then I would build your own. Especially if you plan to expand in the future. I’m currently waiting on parts to put mine together and I’ll probably show the diy on here. I have a 10x12 grow room and for about 150$ I’ll have 1 humidifier for the room instead of 3. Evaporative humidifiers are good for dry climates but you need to replace the wicking filter every 6 months or they get nasty. If you do get a small humidifier make sure it’s top fill you will thank me later. The diy kit will hook directly up to 1/4 inch line and automatically top off with float valve. Often used buy guys growing mushrooms. The most expensive part is the driver for the atomizers but once bought everything else is cheap and easy to replace.
1A9DBCC5 DC80 489F AE1B C2DA3EC3E2A0
D8716F8B BE3A 4A09 834D 025E8D4A79B5
64864548 9A75 4ABD A36A A3C6D7E00E74

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Hell yeah! I love DIY stuff so this is right up my alley. Really appreciate it, and the fact that you gave a list of parts is super helpful. Once again appreciate it.

steamroller

steamroller

Yep, you will, but it’s easy enough to clean (at least the one I’m using is since you just remove the lid and everything is accessible).

The 2 reptile ones I also use require the same treatment, but if you don’t mind cleaning every week or 2, it shouldn’t be a problem.
The deposits and scaling happen on the tent and on plants not your unit.. You're shooting minerals around..
They build up more in the evaporative units since they do not spray them all around.
Why I like evaps..

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

The deposits and scaling happen on the tent and on plants not your unit.. You're shooting minerals around..
They build up more in the evaporative units since they do not spray them all around.
Why I like evaps..
Where would I look for evaporative ones?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Why I like evaps..
The only thing I will add is energy usage for a evaporative/heater is about 10x higher. My evap uses 300w vs 35w.

E

elusiveshame

Why I like evaps..
Gotcha.

I haven’t see that happen with my foggers yet, but I’ll keep an eye open.

Top Bottom