Seems to happen with all my plants as soon as i switch

• Thread starter Polcatz89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Polcatz89

Strain is o.g kush reserva privada..grows pretty healthy through a 4week veg from clone..grown in fox farms happy frog...starts yellowing pretty bad as soon as i put em in flower...whole time just using r.o water w cal mag4mg ..me thinking its nitro def give it a bloom fert 3.7.4 i think and shit gets worse...whatcha rhink

fishbuds

fishbuds

probly just hungry, and/or the ph of your soil is off. take a slurry for ph/ppm, then you will know better what is happening in your pots

why guess, when a slurry tells you most of what you need to know.

as time goes on you will begin to marry your slurry results with how your plants look, then you will begin to read your plants better than you can now.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A lack of nitrogen for sure. Happy frog isn’t a very hot soil from what I’ve heard. I’ve only used FFOF so I can’t comment on happy frogs nitrogen content but from the pics it seems as if the plants are using up their stored nitrogen effectively. Boost the nitrogen in your feeding. Folks seem to think and manufacturers are sometimes misleading when they leave nitrogen out of their bloom feeds. The fact is the plant still needs it just not as much as during the growth process. Most if not all nutrient feeding charts have nitrogen being used up until week 4-5 of the flowering process. You can use it further in than that if you like from my experience.

That being said how you deliver the nitrogen will depend on how quickly the plant will have access to it. Most organic nutrients take time to break down and therefore create a buffering effect before the nitrogen can be delivered as the macro nutes are consumed by organisms in the soil and broken down into useable mobile elements. Salt based ferts don’t have this problem as they are available to the plant immediately. However if you are a stickler for all things Mother Nature and cant bring yourself to feed them a source of nitrogen then organic feeding will suffice albeit they will suffer until those nutrients are made readily available.

A slurry test is always a good thing andI even do it on healthy plants so I know where the sweet spot it in any particular soil mix I’m currently using. I mix my soil based on what’s available and what I believe will work best for my situation. So the conditions can change from time to time and it’s a good idea to have those results handy in case something does start moving in the wrong direction. Many times you can catch things before they become a problem this way and have a healthier garden because of it.

SkiVT

SkiVT

Bloom nutrients have a lot less nitrogen than veg nutes. Don't switch until the 3rd week of actual flowering and then start the bloom nutes.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The marijuana plant needs even MORE Nitrogen during early-mid flowering vs vegging.

All Nitrogen is, is Protein.

Human beings eat protein, and our bodies turn it into Nitrogen. It is also called an Anabolic State. Anabolic means to Build Up.

When a plant starts to bud, it creates a huge need for protein, just like a kid going through their fastest growth spurt, or when a person is lifting weights, and Protein requirements go up, as well as all other nutrients.

Consider some weed plants stretch 3-6x their veg size, PLUS they are growing Buds, and Oils.

The thing is, the plant needs MORE of everything until 2 weeks before being cut, and no 1 nutrient is ever cut 100% completely out. The thing is is to use the proper balance of NPK, MG, and Trace Elements.

Generally weed likes a 19.5-20-39 ratio, in varying PPM at different stages. Weed likes 2x the amount of Potassium vs Nitrogen. Going by Tissue Analysis. Not Guessing.

But its a huge myth that got started back in the 80s that says weed should have Nitrogen restricted during flowering.

For 1000% for sure it will muck with flowering if you give to much, but that does not mean it does not need Nitrogen/PROTEIN.

Protein is Latin for Of 1st Impotance. Nitrogen/Protein is responsible for all repair, cell division, and other important things. Limit it at your own peril

P

Polcatz89

This is what ive been feeding...1020 ppm during its second week of flower...ive fed once...seems to just get worse after a feedimg....this is completley organic...so i could see if it takes a while to get used up or available in the soil...do you think i should switch base nutrition?

20191203 060836
Deke

Deke

The marijuana plant needs even MORE Nitrogen during early-mid flowering vs vegging.

All Nitrogen is, is Protein.

Human beings eat protein, and our bodies turn it into Nitrogen. It is also called an Anabolic State. Anabolic means to Build Up.

When a plant starts to bud, it creates a huge need for protein, just like a kid going through their fastest growth spurt, or when a person is lifting weights, and Protein requirements go up, as well as all other nutrients.

Consider some weed plants stretch 3-6x their veg size, PLUS they are growing Buds, and Oils.

The thing is, the plant needs MORE of everything until 2 weeks before being cut, and no 1 nutrient is ever cut 100% completely out. The thing is is to use the proper balance of NPK, MG, and Trace Elements.

Generally weed likes a 19.5-20-39 ratio, in varying PPM at different stages. Weed likes 2x the amount of Potassium vs Nitrogen. Going by Tissue Analysis. Not Guessing.

But its a huge myth that got started back in the 80s that says weed should have Nitrogen restricted during flowering.

For 1000% for sure it will muck with flowering if you give to much, but that does not mean it does not need Nitrogen/PROTEIN.

Protein is Latin for Of 1st Impotance. Nitrogen/Protein is responsible for all repair, cell division, and other important things. Limit it at your own peril

So true. I learned this the hard way this last grow. They need nitrogen during flower!

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I agree they are under fed just be sure not too over feed when you make the adjustments

Latest posts

Top Bottom