Selecting a male?

• Thread starter pacificdunes74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Testing thc's etc, will not reveal the effects of the smoked product,in the certtain combination of these resins and how they perform together when smoked.That's why some high thc strains just do not cut it in the tolerance department.It's the combo of the resins that is important,to keep these combo's intact as possible when breeding the next generation.
My Watchdawg male has a nice purple bud growing on top;first reverse male I ever saw!!!
I expect all female seeds,I guess.
IMG 1703

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

The male is the most important link in the breeding process..
Cull all fast flowering males..
Choose a healthy perfectly formed male..
Lovely smells only help in the progeny..
Bud structure of the male is very important..
Some sugar leaves on the male seals the deal for me..:)

Peace,,
coco

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

The male is the most important link in the breeding process..
Cull all fast flowering males..
Choose a healthy perfectly formed male..
Lovely smells only help in the progeny..
Bud structure of the male is very important..
Some sugar leaves on the male seals the deal for me..:)

Peace,,
coco

I agree, agree, agree....all of the above!! Lately it's been easy to find males that meet those criteria, ime.

Burning Bush

Burning Bush

Check it! Wonder if a male plant ever grew a seed? Anyone?
Watchdawg male,Bhutanese girl(Dark purple).Great couple,out in the freezing!
IMG 1711
IMG 1721
IMG 1711
IMG 1721

IMG 1712

IMG 1709
Kebz

Kebz

Cali Connections Boss Hogg Male, who has (selectively) had his way with my girls.
IMG 0314
Very Pungent odour and stem was greasy to the feel. He tolerated low outdoor temps well and was very resistant to bugs. If he passes on just his structure and flowering traits to his offspring, I'll be happy.

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
i just topped my ograskl fire og bx male and my alphakronic lvpk bx male both have hollow stems.my c-99 bx male has multiple branches and soild stem. im hoping for some good chuckin with these hearty boys! :) good luck on your quest for males. we should have a thread with just pics of flowering males! thanks digdug!

20130529 182149
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So does the hollow stem variable hold true for females aswell??

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ah ha ... Maybe thats the case i have heard this so
Many times i pay attention, every now and then i get an itch to know why... And thats good enough cuz genetic familiarity is important peace guys

N

nightmarecreature

I don understand why early flowering males are bad???
Because early flowering males tend to produce more fiber in offspring than resin. The late flowering males produce more resin because more than likely they are recessive males and allow the female resin production to shine through in the offspring. If you are growing to produce hemp fiber, by all means use the fast growing earlier flowering males.

Latest posts

Top Bottom