jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
  1. Rate of Maturity
  2. Physical appearance
  3. Strength
  4. Resistance to hermaphrodism
In order for you to prevent the passing of the weak traits of the male plant on to its progeny, those who show poor qualities should be culled at once. Males also have an observable scent and floral structure but the importance of these traits fail in comparison to the ones listed above.

The use of professional scientific laboratory equipment is the only reliable way to measure the potency of the male plants most specially the potency difference between individual males in a group. There are still no proofs to conclude that that the most potent male in a cluster apparently produces the stronger and effective woman progeny. However by intuition, it seems that this is the case. This is until now a major dilemma to overcome in proving the male plant’s potency.

The potency of the male plant is not that important at all. What is really important is the growing of males for marijuana propagation. The significance of male plant lies entirely on the traits it consistently passes on to his daughters. It is then unnecessary to establish the male individual among a group of the potential pollen donors with the greatest potency. What is more important is to establish the female progeny of each of the male to establish the potency of each male in the group.

The quality of the controlled breeding of similar female seed twin, coming from each one of the donor, is how male cannabis individuals can be graded. This isolates the power of the male by holding steady the power of the female on each cross. Upon getting the results of the seeds in each clone they are then grown and the progeny is measured to identify which of the crosses was the most successful.

When we have already identified which of the group has the most desirable female progeny, then we could possibly identify the male responsible for it as the most valuable. With the fact that male can be kept in a vegetative state just like the female plants, it is at this point that they can be called “dads”. Clones from the identified favorable male plants can be flowered as needed along with the breeding female or females when the seeds are needed.

Generally, we just need about 10 male plants to be evaluated and observed after culling all those with distinct defects. Breeding with larger number of individuals is always preferable as genetics is statistically always a game of trial and error.

If you follow the above technique then you can actually identify or pin point the ONE male in their small group who prove to be the most potent in the real essence of the male potency.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In essence, trial and error. Test the progeny. Grow out enough plants and keep enough clones that you can repeat the process should you find a winner.

In humans ugly parents can breed super models, super model parents can breed ugly children. It’s just how the genes combine and form what we deem to be desirable.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In essence, trial and error. Test the progeny. Grow out enough plants and keep enough clones that you can repeat the process should you find a winner.

In humans ugly parents can breed super models, super model parents can breed ugly children. It’s just how the genes combine and form what we deem to be desirable.
like a roll of the dice.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I disagree.
I have seen people with horrible gene traits and unfortunately those genes get passed right down to the offspring. You can see it from day one.
First pic is sage northcutts dad, super human gene pool.
Second pic is sage at 19 years old.
I’m sorry but 2 yahoo’s picked out of a group have 0% chance of having a Child like Sage.

Sorry I disagree. It was chance that sage got more of his fathers genes than his mothers and that some recessive genes didn’t dominate his genetic makeup.

As an example I had a girlfriend in high school who was very attractive. Her sisters were nice as well. Their parents were jack o lanterns. Their entire family tree was full of ugliness. A diamond in the rough can happen and does all the time. Fire x fire does not always mean fire. Simple as that.

Dbear180

Dbear180

20181008 072556
I just had an Exotic Big Smooth (cookies n cream x blueberry) that reeked of blueberries/pancakes at a week into veg. Hoped itd be a girl but ended up being a boy. Strong structure, great nose, overall just looked like a really healthy plant. Didnt wanna just toss it so I pollinated some dna lemons & ethos mandarins I had outside. Next year I hope to find a nice creamy blueberry citrus cross.

Krippie94

Krippie94

This thread is taking off nicely...
The first males I found that were GOOD were Strawberry Dogs hit.
I used 3 to open pollinate the whole room. Lots of keepers in this F3. Strawberry DogShit (oh chem x strawberry cough)

Krippie94

Krippie94

This thread is taking off nicely...
The first males I found that were GOOD were Strawberry Dogs hit.
I used 3 to open pollinate the whole room. Lots of keepers in this F3. Strawberry DogShit (oh chem x strawberry cough)
Still have 100 or so beans.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Is that the Deputy? greenpoint?
What's the parent line again?
LOOKING REAL NICE!!!
Yes..GPS in Colo..If I recall..genetics were supposed to be Bruce Banner something x Stardawg. I never grew a female and culled the male..I still have some seeds, but TBH..was not my favorite plant. (don't remember why).

Here is a supposed to be Sundae Stallion from GPS..gonna be a light yield, so I hope she smokes well. I am gonna stop dropping GPS gear for a while..too many others I want to grow.

Last shot is a White Widow x Cackleberry (GPS again). I used CS to feminize the Cackleberry and pollinated a Seedsman White Widow..Drying now, but smokes great already.
Sorry..force of habit and I labeled the Sundae Stallion wrong..LMAO
10 23 18 1 1
10 20 18 ww x cackleberry

Krippie94

Krippie94

Something I forgot to mention , I've been curious about breeders that use males that soooo cross red that you can't even categorise them...super duper multi-Polly -wamadine hybrifs???
as apposed to Chemdog D male. Or Hashplant male...
Not saying it's bad. But look at Snow Lotus, and Jack the Ripper, or Green Ribbon etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom