Selfiing Males And True Breeds...

• Thread starter chillywilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chillywilly

chillywilly

Well, on another experiment for the 4 th time...here is from my personal experience of true breeds, or to breed bx's and how...15 yrs in over standing of who, what, how or why...in my over 50 grows produced my selfing MALES...not S1 but bxs1 what I'm about to do on here Danny boy from TGA seed from 1999 stock from Richard @ Heaven s Stairway... Most have seen my male on here will show again... For reference... I've found by accident... Here for U...the way, truth, and the life of species of plants... I have of selfing male: C99, Hawaii'n indica, Sweet skunk/ Fukin' incredible, Dannyboy, Lemon Grass Thai in my stable... Here are some shots of Dannyboy current... A pure fem of that ...I did C99 a pure fem of that ,no pics...long ago....... But breeds true to itself, then with the pollen reup on it (theory) should produce true as many do fem seeds, but true breeding M E(my estimation)...part 1...
Theseare about 4 wks...
Selfiing males and true breeds
Selfiing males and true breeds 2
Selfiing males and true breeds 3
Selfiing males and true breeds 4
Selfiing males and true breeds 5

chillywilly

chillywilly

Well this is of preservation of strains that may be lost, rare breeds and such, and a methodology of propagation... clones are used to bring uniformity, but only in presence of MALE there may not be any of that strain, and some go extinct...so here the key is ...seed...this is one methodology...
cw

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well this is of preservation of strains that may be lost, rare breeds and such, and a methodology of propagation... clones are used to bring uniformity, but only in presence of MALE there may not be any of that strain, and some go extinct...so here the key is ...seed...this is one methodology...
cw
Still lost lol
So you take a male, reverse it with silver spray and pollenate it with its own male pollen?
Sorry im kinda slow...

chillywilly

chillywilly

The male, which is usually a pure male, then it is flowered as usually produces pistils... no chemicals, additives or such...this is not females being stressed or sprayed, it is nature preserving itself... Of the strains that the males that produced seed, the next generation should be true to that male...in the past grow of Dannyboy produced all makes, four of them, so I decided to harvest pollen for future events... well one of those males just naturally hermed if you will, where some hermy females may not seed yet drop pollen...I have seen some pure male,female, and herm from these type of seed, but here I still have the original pollen to back up the line now on a pure fem flower...
cw

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The male, which is usually a pure male, then it is flowered as usually produces pistils... no chemicals, additives or such...this is not females being stressed or sprayed, it is nature preserving itself... Of the strains that the males that produced seed, the next generation should be true to that male...in the past grow of Dannyboy produced all makes, four of them, so I decided to harvest pollen for future events... well one of those males just naturally hermed if you will, where some hermy females may not seed yet drop pollen...I have seen some pure male,female, and herm from these type of seed, but here I still have the original pollen to back up the line now on a pure fem flower...
cw

The pollen should keep for a few months in the freezer.....

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
And, I believe that the seeds produced from a male pollenating a female will take on traits of both the mother and father and have many different pheno plants from the seeds.
They will not all be exactly like the male but you may be able to find the pheno you want if you pop enough beans.
True male pollen+female flower=male and female seeds
Herm male pollen+female flower=herm seeds

chillywilly

chillywilly

well maybe possibly, but until it's done we won't know...I haven't heard anyone else doing it but I'll give it a shot...but here the pure fem would carry the traits as dictated by donor which here is selfed, could possibly breed true...the hawaii'n indica I have is a rarity, and only of that do I have, in regards to preserving lost, rare and endangered strains...
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

More pics of the individual plant from the Dannyboy strain, a straight female with no stress probs:
 20160520 201516
KIMG0579

Dunge

Dunge

I'll watch, in an effort to tease out what it is you are doing.
Please edit for typos.

Nice pictures.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Sounds interesring but lost as well..I have selfed females past...you are reversing a male?!

chillywilly

chillywilly

The male naturally selfed itself...I've had four strains so far:
C99
Hawaii'n indica
Sweet skunk/fukin' incredible
Dannyboy
Seems that as part of nature preserving itself, I've used no chemicals, sprays, additives at all...Plants feel the growers vibe...of these strains have not bred with yet, but do produce straight males and females, and herm. I grew out the c99 that was a pure male with pineapple aroma, was cut back and put out for a couple of weeks, was going to toss but kept it, Mr Soul declared Cindy as non hermy, but I got one...the plant went on a strange thread like growth and a wide ribbon like pattern... the plant went on to produce resin so just decided just as smoke ...well pollen sacks then pistills came on,later the seeds...I grew some of the seeds from that selfed Cindy that now took on the grapefruit aroma and flavor and the growth characteristics of donor... small tiny and thin Sativa leaves, the plant in growth was almost transparent, I had to look twice to see if it was there... Out of 5 two went hermy, 3 straight females that had true sativa growth and flower development but in a small package, a beautiful plant in smoke, flavor, and structure...so I guess that in the saying in experience and experiment... I was lost with the fem strains and spraying chems on Plants...but the Cindy dubbed grapefruit sativa99...the sweet sk/FI was spread around another selfing male strain I did yrs ago was a huge success from other growers recently, but not bred yet with ...
Peace
cw

Top Bottom