Senators ready to help the greedy

• Thread starter 2broke2smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

Well here it is the Greedy few are exercising their political might with dollars to secure a lock on screwing the rest of the ppl of the state.

Michigan Senators Seek to Move Against the People With More Marijuana Restrictions

Editor’s Note: Instead of loosening laws and restrictions on marijuana like most in Michigan want, some state senators wish to continue tactics better suited for the Dark Ages. If these moves to get tougher on the plant are successful, crime and incarceration rates will remain high and peaceful people are likely to suffer. Perhaps it’s time to consider who in the Senate is in support of the draconian war on drugs and let them know that the people are watching, taking notes and standing up.
Via Michigan Radio:
A state Senate panel has begun taking testimony on bills that would tighten regulations around the use of medical marijuana.
The measures would allow for only 10 facilities in Michigan to grow medical marijuana. The voter-approved law allows medical marijuana users to grow their own plants.
Via The Detroit Free Press:
The proposal could develop into the first move to change a state law approved by voters in November 2008. Republicans who back the new legislation say it’s not an attempt to undo the law, but their measures would tighten control over how the drug is distributed.
Under the new proposal, the state would license up to 10 marijuana-growing facilities rather than letting thousands of authorized patients or caregivers grow their own. Marijuana would then be distributed through pharmacists after patients get a prescription from a doctor.
Critics say that’s an unworkable proposal that would make getting marijuana more difficult for patients who use it to relieve pain and other symptoms. They say that since federal law doesn’t authorize the use of marijuana for medical purposes, doctors wouldn’t write the prescriptions and pharmacies wouldn’t fill them.
Some Guilty Drug Warriors Who Seem to Want People in Jail and Violence to Continue:

Jerry Van Woerkom 34th Senate District

Wayne Kuipers 30th Senate District
Press Release from Michigan Senate Republicans
Van Woerkom and Kuipers: Medical marijuana regulations necessary for safety of Michigan patients
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
LANSING — The Senate Judiciary Committee today heard testimony on legislation that would develop necessary regulations for medical marijuana use in Michigan, said Sens. Gerald Van Woerkom and Wayne Kuipers, sponsors of the measures.
Use of the drug was approved by voters in November 2008 through a statewide ballot initiative.
“This package is not about overturning the will of the voters or even the merits of using medical marijuana,” said Van Woerkom, R-Norton Shores. “Rather its intent is to bring clarity and oversight to the existing law. My biggest concern is that thousands of people are growing and using marijuana with very little supervision or accountability. If the state is going to view marijuana use as a medical treatment, it should be subject to the same policies and regulations as other medicines.”
The senators have introduced legislation complementary to the ballot initiative that would develop more specific guidelines for medical marijuana use and production.
Kuipers, chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said that today’s hearing would move the process forward by allowing those interested in medical marijuana to express their opinion on the issue as lawmakers work to improve the legislation.
“Under this proposal, patients will still have access to medical marijuana, but they will have health care professionals involved in the process,” said Kuipers, R-Holland. “Most people who voted for the medical marijuana law would support these common sense changes. This is about protecting the health of Michigan patients by putting in place reasonable safeguards.”

They must be thinking we are on crack. Lets see only 10 ppl can grow marijuana, wonder who gets this award? Best bet is to not let this happen!

2b2s

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Dude i really hope this does not happen!!! we must fight this shit!

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

maybe another grass roots mass mailing campaign should be mounted letting these senators know they will be out on their asses next election and see if them greedy pricks they gave the license to will even know them then.

2b2s

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
This would have to pass with a vote right? i could never see it passing with a vote

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

I am not sure if it has to be voted on or not maybe they can do some behind the scenes shenanigans and line their pockets.

The shame is that the herb will be sub-par and to get good meds u will run the risk of arrest again.

2b2s

G

Gnarfbuckle

The prices from the pharmacies would be way higher then herb is now so people would continue to grow their own or get it from the streets.

deacon1503

deacon1503

The prices from the pharmacies would be way higher then herb is now so people would continue to grow their own or get it from the streets.

Yup. I know that if this passes, theres no way im gonna stop growing my plants. Im sure im not alone there either.

C

Cannibis Cajun

The dch is in charge of the regulations on this. not the state. with that said the people who have the power to change the law are the ones who are writing the bill's. We must get together a lobbyist group to represent our views.until we do that we will not be represented. My cuzin works for a major firm here and can help but it takes money. if we all make a small donation to a PAC set up to represent us then we can hire a lobbist firm to do this. If we are to win we must organize and play the game the way the opponents are playing... PAY TO WIN!!! Hit me up and we can organize. I have some people in the top ranks of the dch who can also give us direction.

L

Lost

Wow, this smells of Richard Lee. One 10 "Facilities" will be permitted and the lobbiests will be awarded the facilities. Fuck.. Fucking repubs always trying to sell shit to the highest bidder.

Witchking

Witchking

The only way to stoip this is start calling and writting people in Lansing. If our voices are loud enough , and there's money backing us, it won't happen. If we sit on the sidelines and do nothing but post about it, we'll be steamrolled over once again as always happens. If this is passed number 1....I'll quit growing my own meds when they drag me out in a bodybag. 2....If michigan comes under republican rule , I'll leave this miserable piece of shit state. I hate it here anyway.Gotta fight this...I'm writing a letter to lansing today in fact.

G

Gnostic

This is not about dems or rep. this is about power and money we need to remember that if we rely on the gov. to give us one thing (social security, health care, unemployment) they will naturally want more control. the founders warned of this.

forget history and be doomed to repeat it....

sky high

sky high

my friends...you need to look to the West to Colorado to see how yer gonna get fucked.

Our lawmakers have completely dissected our original amendment....taking it from a "for the patients" scenario to a 'for the STATE" scenario via legitimizing and falling into bed with the greedy patients (dispensary owners) who feel they should have a monopoly on providing the patient base meds.

From there, even though they don't have the authority under ANY legislation that has been passed to date...cities/towns/counties are starting to limit our >individual< rights to grow and caregive as the original amendment allows. Don't make the mistake of thinking the dispensaries are good for patients/etc. They will be the tool the State uses to screw you...as we found out last Summer here.

be wary...be ready.... the fuckers have $$$ signs in their eyes and are as shady as they get...

good luck MI

s h

2DogWalker

Cannabis Cajun has it right.

I am slowly working this into daily conversations with influential people in my circles of business, and I think their support is there.

Lets not forget rich, powerful people smoke weed too!!!

We just need to unite, and get a large enough pool of money to get a few of these people/groups on our side, so we can get our thoughts and opinions out there and heard. I think the knowledge of how these laws should be built is in our minds, and without our advice and financial support (unfortunately this is just how it works) these people will never know how to write them, and will do whatever pays the best. The money is here people, hand over fist to give our support.

2Dog

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

How is it that those in government positions always seek to serve those with money and not the will of the people? Any history buff can point to examples of where the people stood up ans said enough is enough.

This is our call to do the same, as stated we need to organize and make our voices heard!
I have always avoided politics, never cared for that lot. But now I am pissed.
Does anyone have a list of our Representatives and where to write to them?
If so could you be so kind as to post it?
And if there is some one well versed in writing a no non sense form letters, could you please write something that those of us can send to our reps? ( The pen is mighty then the sword )
Recently we seen the Egyptian people stand up for their rights, and they won!
All done in a peaceful manner. Do we have the courage to do the same?
I for one am willing to go to Lansing and walk in a march in a peaceful manner.
Our Constitution provides for LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

Armed with pen and paper let the our voices be heard very loudly.
Lansing we come for you!

Sadly being unable to pm at this time I am unable to contact you for making a donation to the cause of freedom.

Here is how to conact them:

Many thanks Herb

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

Here is one of the state's yes men. Voters man the the poles.

"" trix, on 09 February 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:
Reply from legislator, I have yet to get a response from my Representative about my heart felt letter pertaining to my current situation. but here is what one sent back per the link Blueberry provided for us, They are reading our letters... keep them coming!!!

Dear Concerned Constituent, Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns regarding medical marijuana. At this time I do not have an opinion on SB 17. I can give you my general stance on marijuana as a medicine. If marijuana is going to be treated as a medicine, and Michigan voters decided they want it to be treated as such, than it should be regulated just as any other medicine is. There should be regulations imposed to enforce the quality of marijuana being consumed. Marijuana should also require a prescription from a licensed physician and bought from a pharmacy. By ensuring the quality of the product we can protect consumers from any harmful unintended side effects. Also, by issuing medical marijuana through a pharmacy we can help eliminate fraud and abuse of the system. As far as police being over zealous in their search techniques, I feel that medical marijuana should be produced by licenced facilities, just as other medicines are. That way will have a clearer idea of what facilities are licenced and the police can take the proper precautions for their safety when entering an illegal grow operation. If you have any other concerns or issues that I can help you with please feel free to contact me again. At your service,

Ken Yonker State Representative 72nd District phone: (517) 373-0840 fax: (517) 373-7590 ""

B

BoCo Buds

my friends...you need to look to the West to Colorado to see how yer gonna get fucked.

Our lawmakers have completely dissected our original amendment....taking it from a "for the patients" scenario to a 'for the STATE" scenario via legitimizing and falling into bed with the greedy patients (dispensary owners) who feel they should have a monopoly on providing the patient base meds.

From there, even though they don't have the authority under ANY legislation that has been passed to date...cities/towns/counties are starting to limit our >individual< rights to grow and caregive as the original amendment allows. Don't make the mistake of thinking the dispensaries are good for patients/etc. They will be the tool the State uses to screw you...as we found out last Summer here.

be wary...be ready.... the fuckers have $$$ signs in their eyes and are as shady as they get...

good luck MI

s h

Basically, at some point, MI is likely going to start cutting & pasting from CO shit. The local mess won't last for too much longer, though hoping y'all keep the local rule going for a while...

From this side of the fence, looks greener on your side MI... ;-)

Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I remember

Some years ago it became public knowledge that a military man by the name of Ollver North was engaged in a guns for drugs exchange. This was done with the blessing of our government. I wonder where the drugs went ummmm? And who pocketed the money from the sales of these drugs, Ummmm?

Just another example of the end justifies the means. :confused0054::fighting0085:

Just goes to show the greed hiding in dark places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom