Serious Chronic DR120(1400w) w/Co2

• Thread starter MilkMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MilkMan

Well the time has come, I have lurked around the farm for long enough and it is time for a grow journal..

I run a DR120 with a Growzilla reflector in which I have a 1000w Hortilux HPS along with a 400w SunMaster Cool Deluxe MH to get the most out of all those lumens the CO2 is raised to 1500 and day temps are around 82-83. The plants will be grown in 2 gal Smart Pots using Sunshine mix #4 as a soilless medium with nutrients by HESI.

I have a special veg closet for starting seeds in which I have a 250w High Pressure Metal Halide, I believe that giving young seedlings lots of blue light, high nitrogen low potassium, shorter photo period, high humidity and low temperatures helps give more females. Yes this is what Dutch passion says, but it is basically the same thing as saying give the plant what they need and try at all costs to keep stresses at 0. My closet meets all my requirements... Now watch as I get all males lol but seriously I usually get about 1M:3F even 1M:4F.

For those of you not familiar with Chronic it was created by Serious seeds in 1994, the original makeup consisted of Northern Lights/Skunk x Northern Lights but in 2000 Simon (owner of Serious Seeds) decided to "invigorate" the strain by adding AK47 to the mix. My Chronic seeds consist of Northern Lights/Skunk x Northern Lights/AK47 and are sure to produce forearm sized colas.

On 2/21 seven seeds were placed in between a few moist paper towels, after 24hrs all had germinated and were placed in Rapid rooters, another day and five of the seven are ready to get potted. As of right now I am just waiting for the taproot on my last two seeds to get a little longer and then they can join their brothers and sisters.

Chron_card.JPG

Chronic.JPG

Chron_card2.JPG

For those of you not familiar with HESI

uk_aarde_2.jpg

M

MilkMan

So I planted the other two today now their one big happy family. I forgot to mention something in my first post so I'm gunna throw in here.

I strongly believe in soaking ANY seeds in a solution of H2O2, I personally soak my seeds for 6hrs in RO water with 1ml 3% H2O2 for every fluid ounce. I also soak the paper towels in the same solution then rinse em with some more RO. I promise higher germ rates.

2/26

DSCN07661.JPG

If anyone has any pictures of their SS Chronic feel free to throw them up.

M

MilkMan

I decided to set up my DR60 for vegging, the babies are loving it.

They're all in between 10-14 days

DSCN0770.JPG

C

cdd

damn milkman you got some watts per sqf there! good luck man its looking goood

K

Kilo

on the sidelines..looks like you got it sorted right there bro.. all the best :)

F

Fear

If Milkman agrees? Luck has nothing to do with it! Grow it and show it. Later on from Cali.

C

cway

Hey Milkman... Nice thread.. Taggin it..

I grew SS Chronic and here is what I saw

Had two Phenos

One have a very fruity taste and smell like fruit loops but with a small or moderate yeild.. Awesome resin and was done in 9 weeks...Tasted great too.. LIke Fruit loops...keeper pheno if it yeilded better...

Second was a Huge Yeilding pheno, had one main cola growin under 400W and the bud was as big as a my forearm... Width and all man.. Potency was there but taste was not.. Very Bland hay taste.. But man it was strong...

Unfort I didnt keep any cuts but made a ton of seeds with a Chronic male and all of the offspring yeild huge....

Just popped some Power Plant x male Chronic and that I made and that should yeild outright insane...

Maybe you can find that huge Yeilding fruity pheno.. Im sure its there...

Good Luck bro... Ill be watchin this one.. :animbong:

P

punkadc

nice one, milkman!:yes
i will tag along too, if you dont mind?

Top Bottom