Serious Deficiencies Week 3 Of Flower In Coco

• Thread starter spaaaaceboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spaaaaceboy

Well i did a slury test to a few plants and the ph came back at 5.0. Cant figure out what brought it down that low, but I'm thinking this coco is too fine and holding too much water which also cause plants not to colonize as well as they should have. Not really sure but it seems like they are barely drinking. Ppms were at 280 so not sure where they should be on slurry test.

Plants dont look any better today and being that ive already flushed all these plants for last week, not sure how to get their ph to rise up.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Well i did a slury test to a few plants and the ph came back at 5.0. Plants dont look any better today and being that ive already flushed all these plants for last week, not sure how to get their ph to rise up.
What size pots and how much water did you use?? What was the pH for your flush??

but even the tables further from the light are reacting like this just not as bad.
This tells me the lighting has something to do with it.. You can have to much light..
Best of luck

S

spaaaaceboy

I did a slury test with ro water which is why ppms where at 280, but i guess that could still be low. Ph of ro was about 6.5 and came out at 5 after slury test. Ive flushed 5 times the volume with 1.2ec nute solution and that wasnt enough to break the low ph bond. Still cominh out at like 5.1-5.2. Should i just use tap to try and break bond then flush with nutes?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I did a slury test with ro water which is why ppms where at 280, but i guess that could still be low. Ph of ro was about 6.5 and came out at 5 after slury test. Ive flushed 5 times the volume with 1.2ec nute solution and that wasnt enough to break the low ph bond. Still cominh out at like 5.1-5.2. Should i just use tap to try and break bond then flush with nutes?
Throw away the slurry test equipment ........it's got your brain trapped in a box.

Mix up a 1/2 strength batch of whatever you're using for nutrients(hopeing you use a line that is complete). pH it to 5.8 - 6.2 and feed them to 20% run off. You just reset your coco.
Do this everyime time they need water and gradually increase the feed amount until you are looking good.
You can fix the problem in my opinion but you're going to have to stop flushing that Medium. Them ladies are starving. Best of luck. Peace

Coco nut

Coco nut

I use the Lucas Formula and 5 ml cal mag or one tbsp Epsom salt. Never had any problems as long as pH is correct...maybe cal mag defeciency. Some peeps i know were simply under feeding. I feec everyday with no problems...good luck man, hope you figure things out.

S

spaaaaceboy

Throw away the slurry test equipment ........it's got your brain trapped in a box.

Mix up a 1/2 strength batch of whatever you're using for nutrients(hopeing you use a line that is complete). pH it to 5.8 - 6.2 and feed them to 20% run off. You just reset your coco.
Do this everyime time they need water and gradually increase the feed amount until you are looking good.
You can fix the problem in my opinion but you're going to have to stop flushing that Medium. Them ladies are starving. Best of luck. Peace

Do u mean half my normal dose or half of what the bottle calls for?

S

spaaaaceboy

I was using dyna gro foliage pro at .9 ec, but have bumped up to 1.2 for last 2 days which doesnt seem to be changing things yet. A lot of people run the foliage pro at very low ppms, but there isn't 6k in the room with 2 rows of 3 side by side so i guess they may be getting blasted pretty good. My orange cookies are doing it though and they are like 30" from light.

Still wondering about that slury test though. Seems like the ph dropping to 5 is a pretty good indicator ph is off, but i do see your point. Only 2 plants in the room are really performing though and i think they are from a different batch of coco and they are doing great. I really think the problem is that i cant get the mediums ph to rise because its staying too wet for too long.

Anyone have similar problems with coco being too pithy and holding too much water?

S

spaaaaceboy

Here some pics of the row doing worst. Also some pics of the orange cookies and the one plant doing ok headkracker from top dawg.

20160902 150559
20160902 150614
20160902 150621
20160902 150637
20160902 150634
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Dyna Gro Foliage Pro is not sufficient for the complete nutrient needs of cannabis.

Dyna Gro nutrients : the full line ; which includes veg, bloom,kln, Protekt, and Magpro are a decent enough nutrient program to grow cannabis. I have used it with good results. But salt buildup is going to be an issue if you're using Dyna Gro, the full line, you'll have to flush monthly . You cannot let the medium dry out. And you must flush it before Harvest.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Dyna Gro Foliage Pro is not sufficient for the complete nutrient needs of cannabis.

Dyna Gro nutrients : the full line ; which includes veg, bloom,kln, Protekt, and Magpro are a decent enough nutrient program to grow cannabis. I have used it with good results. But salt buildup is going to be an issue if you're using Dyna Gro, the full line, you'll have to flush monthly . You cannot let the medium dry out. And you must flush it before Harvest.
I have used this line of nutes and it is the only nutrient line that ever gave me lockout in coco..
After that I learned to flush once a week and start feeding again the next day..

S

spaaaaceboy

Thanks for that info, id not heard that before, but in retrospect it makes perfect sense. What would u guys recommend?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I can tell you what I use.. Vegetative stage I use FF Grow Big and rarely have any problems.. For flower I use Pure Blend Pro and a little FF Big Bloom a week before one week of what water only.. This is just what I do,, I am sure there are better nutrients.. On nutrients,, read all you can and be discerning..
Peace

S

spaaaaceboy

So still no luck over here. Im 100% sure this is a ph problem in the meidum. I have flushed some of these over and over and no matter wht my runoff is at 5 and slurry test are at 4.5. Flushing is doing absolutely nothing to raise.

420Artie

420Artie

this happened to me once after I sprayed them with forbid 4f in veg it some how looked like it locked out iron. I was also using foliage pro with calimagic in amended coco. I did one flush and foliar sprayed with cheap iron supplement from home depot also applied it on one feed at 1/4 recomended strength. they pulled through but that was in veg. looks like iron deficiency to me try the home depot/garden store iron supplement at this point you might as well don't leave no stone unturned.

420Artie

420Artie

didn't realize the laSt post was September 9 too late to the party, did they pull through?

Top Bottom