Serious Seeds = Serious BS

• Thread starter peter tosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

peter tosh

just wanted everyone to know that i germed half a pack of Serious Seeds AK-47 (regular, non-feminized) and all 3 plants that made it from those 6 seeds have now gone wacko. the first two starting autoflowering while still under 18/6 of light and then this last one started showing male on some branches and then female on others once i started flowering. i dont get how this breeder can be a cup winner, wtf?! it just goes to show that you shouldnt believe the hype about cup winners. if anybody can tell me a reason why i should mess with that seed company again, i would love to hear it. otherwise, they're dead to me! :sick0004:

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I ran the serious seeds AK47 about 2 years ago. Had 2 cuts that I ran a second since they were the best two out of the 3 different phenos that were found. One was a little more on the lengthy side while one grew a single massive cola and some branching on the sides but all the buds were fat. After trashing the lengthy pheno I kept the smaller more indica pheno that smelled slightly like cherry and had a pretty solid stone to her. She was about 2 months into veg because I was making her into a mother and she auto flowered on me. That was the first time I ever encountered an auto flower pheno of anything. Since then iv came across a few from different strains but I always thought that was odd. Crazy I'm reading about this happening to someone else with the same strain. All I know is AK47 now a days is nothing compared to when I first saw it in 2000. Back then AK was serious fire and some of the best smoke iv ever had. The AK47 you get now is trash. They must have lost there original breeding stock for that plant over the years...

winta

winta

a good friend of mine ran all of there strains except chronic and said the same thing you guys are sayin :auto or straight trash! its sad cuz i smoked some ak back in 02 that had me superman high so i was gonna try to get a pack but my boy and yall confirmed that is not a good idea lol

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ive never run anything recently from SS. But we all know they have reworked many of their strains since winning the cups. I used to grow a Cherry pheno ak-47 which I recently lost to mites. Im glad I made lots of seed with her. A couple hybrids and bxed her. This girl was potent as fucK! I also have some AK47 S1s made from their earlier version. Im not happy to hear this news, bc Serious seeds is supposed to be one of the G.O.A.T. Looks like they need to put some new stuff out. Anyone hear anything about the Serious 6? Supposed to be there new outdoor variety. Also read an interview with Simon that talked about making fem and autos.. I really hope these guys put something new on the market. Its long over due..

southstreets

southstreets

i grew thier white russian from new seed stock... it was trash!! got a ak47 pack from 01 so ill have to see how those turn out!

420king-MASSES

i grew thier white russian from new seed stock... it was trash!! got a ak47 pack from 01 so ill have to see how those turn out!

its just there recent gear thats suspect you should find a heavy hitting cherry pheno and a perfumey pheno from your beans //since simon and crew went fem and auto there gear has gone down hill the old gear is solid genetics:smoke

Illmind

Illmind

Anybody remember my homie monkey from ANs white russian? Dank as hell to say the least. I have had good experiences and so have others, but many claim they have been bred unstable as of recent. And AK47 has been made into an auto by accident through bad breeding practices. They actually 'lowryder' the company or whtever one that sells autos found two autos in a pack and bred em and now there is AK47 autos. So they were definitely poorly bred, I myself never got to try an official sample of some AK47 someone name dropped it to a bag of chron but I doubt it was it. Lol I just thought about that AK47 autos. <-thems illegal haha.

southstreets

southstreets

its just there recent gear thats suspect you should find a heavy hitting cherry pheno and a perfumey pheno from your beans //since simon and crew went fem and auto there gear has gone down hill the old gear is solid genetics:smoke

thats good to hear!!! i might have to get on that!!! find myself a cherry pheno!!! yea i'd say every seed company is a toss up ill.. some people have good result and some have shitty!! i've had shitty results from serious and thseeds.. so ill never buy off them again!! lol

B

bobman

where the fuck was this thread year ago. i started with 15 seeds. almost everything auto'd and even males threw pollen in 24/7. i got 2 decent females but they have low odor and it is a pain to dry and store them properly with out it turning into hay smell. i just started a fresh pack straight from serios seeds to see if there is any difference but i do not have high expectations. i will keep you posted for sure. i do not want another grower going through what i have. i hope for serious sake these are different or i will be screaming from the tree tops.

E

erudite

I'm surprised as many people commented and all had negative things to say.

As far as the autoflowering goes, thats on you guys... both in practice and not researching what you're growing properly. AK starts to autoflower when it starts getting pretty root bound, as do many other strains.

The product not being up to par, I'm afraid is again on you guys. They changed shit up forever ago, its not as good as it was when they won the cups. Unfortunately it seems like you guys didn't get lucky given the small starting populations, you want to be guaranteed a keeper or three you should buy two packs min or make f2s and look within those.

edit: I see someone saying they went to making autos and going on about lowryder... AK stock has no lowryder in it. It is a trait of MANY MANY MANY strains to autoflower when they start to get root bound. I've seen blueberry and jack herer do it first person.

Also they did have problems with their fems when they first released them many years ago... as did just about everyone because not many breeders were using CS correctly when reversing plants to put out the pollen needed to make seeds.

They released those seeds, then the issues were found and the stock was bought back and new stock without the herm/germ issues replaced the old stock. If you buy anything from serious now and have any issues its likely on the grower at this point.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter

As far as the autoflowering goes, thats on you guys... both in practice and not researching what you're growing properly. AK starts to autoflower when it starts getting pretty root bound, as do many other strains.

The product not being up to par, I'm afraid is again on you guys. They changed shit up forever ago, its not as good as it was when they won the cups. Unfortunately it seems like you guys didn't get lucky given the small starting populations, you want to be guaranteed a keeper or three you should buy two packs min or make f2s and look within those.

edit: I see someone saying they went to making autos and going on about lowryder... AK stock has no lowryder in it. It is a trait of MANY MANY MANY strains to autoflower when they start to get root bound. I've seen blueberry and jack herer do it first person.

Also they did have problems with their fems when they first released them many years ago... as did just about everyone because not many breeders were using CS correctly when reversing plants to put out the pollen needed to make seeds.

They released those seeds, then the issues were found and the stock was bought back and new stock without the herm/germ issues replaced the old stock. If you buy anything from serious now and have any issues its likely on the grower at this point.

been doing this for 10 years at this point. not trying to start a fight but thats BS. if something auto flowers like that stuff did its the genetics not me. these people that have the problems are right! she had some problems, and it DEF wasnt root bound. it was in a 7 gal bucket and was only 18 inches tall. when i culled it i checked out the root base and it was decent, nothing that crazy. i wouldnt go off calling this many people out when you really dont have any idea what peoples situations are. do you work for serious seeds or something that you need feel threatened by people sayin there gear was problematic? i understand coming and saying your point but you kinda came off as an ass in that post bro. just my thoughts though...

FLB

FLB

haha.....good one. Like I said, nothing special.

D

DrGreenGenes

We are not too happy with the pack of Serious Bubblegum we just ran.....got 2 more phenos to test......hmmmm.....not to happy.

E

erudite

been doing this for 10 years at this point. not trying to start a fight but thats BS. if something auto flowers like that stuff did its the genetics not me. these people that have the problems are right! she had some problems, and it DEF wasnt root bound. it was in a 7 gal bucket and was only 18 inches tall. when i culled it i checked out the root base and it was decent, nothing that crazy. i wouldnt go off calling this many people out when you really dont have any idea what peoples situations are. do you work for serious seeds or something that you need feel threatened by people sayin there gear was problematic? i understand coming and saying your point but you kinda came off as an ass in that post bro. just my thoughts though...
If you feel I called you or others out and questioned your growing skills and experience, I apologize. I did put a blanket statement out there, but it likely covers everyone's issues regarding autoflowering.

What size pot it was in when you started to see it start autoflowering is irrelevant. The whole plant's life is in question here.

If it was sitting in a 1 gal container for 3 weeks coming from a 3x3x3 or 5x5x5 and the roots were spinning out its probably going to start autoflowering, whether its showing sex parts or not at that point. Once you get to this point you're setting yourself up for it to start autoflowering again as soon as the roots start to spin out again. So you up pot to 3 gal and only let it stay in that for 2 weeks before putting it in 7 gals. As soon as it hits the bottom of that pot and starts to spin out again it will try to start autoflowering again.

This might explain what happened in your situation, might not. My main point above was that if you take the proper precautions you shouldn't have it autoflowering on you like that. Sure there are some plants that are more or less sensitive to this issue and you may have been unlucky to get one that is super sensitive.

I'm sorry I came off as an ass, its because I am an ass.

:friday:

F

fuzzy

autos-hermies=new ak-47

Its not the growers,Trust Me!I have 2 packs from about 2yrs ago and out of 15,so far have All Autoed and All have hermied.Pretty nice looking,dark green w/bulging calyxes,But,not really too much potency.my 2 pennies,peace,fuzzy

waayne

waayne

I've popped AK47,WhiteRussian,Chronic and Kali Mist in the last few year's and most of it wasn't really much better than mediocre at best>>>Didn't have any auto flower issues except for one really nice Raspberry flavored AK47 pheno>>>It was an auto flowering dwarf!
None of the other AK phenos were impressive at all......
I grew Chronic in 97 and found a sweet juicyfruit flavored pheno.
It was far superior to the Chronic I grew out in 2005...
The old stock was pretty solid but the newer stuff seems lame....

B

bobman

yea i have too agree with most here. these plants loved hydro and it helped the auto issue.once they auto in soil thee is no turning back. they were to temper mental to try to keep as a mother. once they auto'd they would do it again in a drop a hat. way to hard to control. i flowered every female out and i had low potency and low smell issues. i actually pm'd 20+ growers at different sites that grew ak in the last couple of years. these growers mentioned they were growing ak in a thread but never commented further. all were above average growers.
4 or 5 loved it best plant ever.
4 or 5 liked it but they were having an issue with smell. potency was there but low odor. they probably would not continue to grow it.
3 or 4 hated it worst plant ever.

i do not know what the results mean. I have so much trouble with todays genetics compared to 10-15 years ago i do not know if thats good or bad.

E

erudite

Selection and numbers are very important with a strain like AK, needle in a haystack finding a keeper sometimes. Some strains are pretty uniform and have few negative alleles for you to select against. There are tons of strains that produce about as well as a good AK cut with less headaches for you to deal with out there.

With older strains I have found that if you can get your hands on F2s from the original breeder's stock you're better off. Joey Weed is a good example of this, and he has worked with both strains mentioned dominantly in this thread(AK and WR).

F

fuzzy

Good lookin out erudite,just have to make sure of what that breeder has though(old stock or what)(what phenos and such). peace,fuzzy

E

el boyo

I am also running some white russian from serious seeds. had 4 females out of the pack and 2 auto-flowered but 2 are holding stable, and one of them is looking pretty solid. All were being run in the same conditions, so I have to believe it is the genetics. none of my other strains that I am running or have run have ever auto-flowered either.

Top Bottom