Serious Seeds = Serious BS

• Thread starter peter tosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bens lab

Yeah i ran bubblegum recently, only got 2 females, both yielded very well but the smoke was absolute cack. Did white russian about 4 years ago, was very mediocre. Would probably never buy from them again.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

it's a good thing simon numbers all of his seed packs for customer service issues...

420king-MASSES

If you feel I called you or others out and questioned your growing skills and experience, I apologize. I did put a blanket statement out there, but it likely covers everyone's issues regarding autoflowering.

What size pot it was in when you started to see it start autoflowering is irrelevant. The whole plant's life is in question here.

If it was sitting in a 1 gal container for 3 weeks coming from a 3x3x3 or 5x5x5 and the roots were spinning out its probably going to start autoflowering, whether its showing sex parts or not at that point. Once you get to this point you're setting yourself up for it to start autoflowering again as soon as the roots start to spin out again. So you up pot to 3 gal and only let it stay in that for 2 weeks before putting it in 7 gals. As soon as it hits the bottom of that pot and starts to spin out again it will try to start autoflowering again.

This might explain what happened in your situation, might not. My main point above was that if you take the proper precautions you shouldn't have it autoflowering on you like that. Sure there are some plants that are more or less sensitive to this issue and you may have been unlucky to get one that is super sensitive.

I'm sorry I came off as an ass, its because I am an ass.

:friday:

im not trying to start a fight or be a dick head but that is BULLSHIT if the genetics arent supposed to auto then there a photoperiod strain so when a photoperoid strain starts autoing its got not nothing to do with container size time and again you can go trhrue these forums and see people pushing there genetics in 4x4 or 5x5 cupsor keg-kups all that does is make plants root bound and if your playing with genetics that auto cause there root/pot bound then you need different genetics

Illmind

Illmind

Thank you 420 masses for telling it raw. I remember people had a contest on another site growing in shot glasses fucking shot glasses to see who could yield the best no autos there. I've also in my early years had a good bit of root bound plants and never once did they auto, they looked like a droopy ass and crinkley leaves and some even started to fall but never and I mean NEVER did a root bound plant auto on me under 24/7 lighting. That's just me though. And 420s post couldn't be more right plants respond to photoperiod it's like an internal clock that tells them when to flower. The only type that flower under 24/7 under any circumstances are autos.

C

c4NN4daze

Haha i just got a pack of 6 fem W Russians seeds..... god i feel lucky.

O

organickat

I have a pack of white Russian from early 2000 and not one hermied or even showed any kind of problems but getting mold from being so dam fat I have 2 going right now and I'm sure they will be huge and stinky

O

organickat

If I get a male btw is very rare I will make f2 for later projects Did anybody ever try dman white Russian from heavens gate

F

fletchman

Any problems with Chronic fem. seeds? I just germed 6 of them, they all popped in 24 hours, they look great so far. I hope im not burning up room space on something im gonna hate.

Any feed back on Chronic would be great,

Thanks,

B

bigAl25

I grew out fem versions of AK and bubblgum early this year from Nirvana. I had not autos or herm problems and I am happy with the results of each. There are other alternatives out there that may be good alternatives without these problems. Thanks for the warning about Serious seeds though.

marski420

marski420

Yeah, deffinently calling BS on the dude saying they auto because of being rootbound/ being all on the grower.. I know for a fact skunk master flex is one of the best growers around this site and theres no way in hell he made his plants auto because of his growing conditions.. he grows pure fire all day ERY day.. Stop spreading bull shit around if you dont know what your talkin about

O

organickat

My buddy grew chronic and found a couple keepers and zero problems with hermi but keep your humidity in check cuz they are so damn chunky. Good luck and keep us posted

Disguised

Disguised

Hello OP,

I just wanted to share some of Simon's words on auto-flowering where his strains are concerned. Please bare in mind that Simon has decades of experience. Serious Seeds is a 17 year old company, that has won numerous awards for excellence. All of his strains undergo years of testing before they are released to market, and thousands of people grow them each year without incident.

Hi ,
You are probably reffering to preflowers at the base of every knot where the fanleave grows from the stem.

The AK-47, the Chronic and also the White Russian have very noticable preflowers and more than 1 grower have mistaken these for actual budgrowth. May be you have noticed that despite the flowers you see the plants did go on growing basically normal; growing new sidebranches while producing flowers at every node, while there is no actual budformation.

There are usually 2 preflowers at the base of every leave, or 4 at every knot as those leaves are usually opposite of each other at the main stem. Because these preflowers are so big and abundant it seems for many people like the plant is in flower while under 18 or 24 hours of light.

But please look closely; it is probably not a cluster of flowers, but a couple of single flowers with very noticeable big white hairs sticking out. Trie to clone; it should be no problem. The clones will also grow like a regular, and not like an autoflowering plant. They will also show their sex very noticeably, but this is not real flowering. The clones of an autoflower plant will not really grow well (lengthwise) but maintain to grow flowers, in stead of length and sidebranches.

If you do really see flowering under 18-24 hour of light something weird is going on, they should not flower. We know of situations where the plant 'feels' its life is being threatened, and that early flowering indeed can be the result of this. If you avoid situations which are very stressful to plants; pots are too small, not giving enough water, etc. then Serious'plants will absolutely not flower.

But I assume that these conditions in which plants are stressed out to the max. are not the growing conditions in which you grow your plants. In that case your plants should not flower, and are probably not flowering. Check it out, and you'll see.

Other phenomena like hermaphrodites and total sexchange of plants can also be the result of high levels of stress. We have selected our parent plants on the absence of all of these phenomena, and we have never seen them at all in our plants.

Good luck with them.
Simon

S

SSHZ

Mother plants come and go........... theirs left a few years ago. Disappointing results recently with a couple of their strains.

F

fletchman

My buddy grew chronic and found a couple keepers and zero problems with hermi but keep your humidity in check cuz they are so damn chunky. Good luck and keep us posted

That is good news, I hope to get lucky and find that really chunky girl.
Thanks,

P

peter tosh

wow all the replies! i'm glad i started this tread! yeah the genetics from the late 90's have been lost, thats all there is to it. simon's response is interesting, but it still wont explain seeing pollen sacs on some branches and preflowers on others on the same plant! and my clones started showing preflowers while still in my ez clone, so forget the idea that you can still take clones and have them turn out normal. also my plants were nowhere near rootbound, i inspected the root system after i chopped them. i have 16 different strains going right now and the ak was the only one that freaked out like that. i'm no slacker when it comes to keeping my grow room on point. it was the genetics and serious seeds just sucks as a breeder in the year 2010. its that simple! dont waste your time with their shit people.

Blaze

Blaze

Unfortunately it seems like you guys didn't get lucky given the small starting populations, you want to be guaranteed a keeper or three you should buy two packs min or make f2s and look within those.

Any seed company selling packs where you have to start 20+ seed to get one decent pheno doesn't know what the fuck they are doing and shouldn't even be calling themselves a seed company. With a good breeder you shouldn't have to get "lucky" or have to make your own F2's to get a good plant - most if not all of the plants should be at least decent if the person who bred it knows what they are doing.

Sadly most seed banks and companies are a fucking joke. There are a few folks out there who know what they are doing like DJ Short, Chimera, and a few others, but for the most part, these so called "breeders" are a bunch of pollen chucking ass-monkeys who get lucky once in a while. Lately all most companies seem to do is rip off existing strains, or make fem seeds off so called "elite" clones. Most of them seem to just be in it for the money and care little about the quality of their seeds IMO.

When it comes down to is, private breeders are almost always produce the best strains. Did OG Kush and all its off-shoots come from a seed company originally? Sure didn't. How about Chemdog D, Sour D, Headband, and all the other diesels? Nope, not them either. Grandaddy Purps, Mendo Purps, Urkle, and Grape Ape? All from private breeders originally - but that hasn't stopped many seed companies from attempting to imitate those strains and selling seeds with the same name. With few exceptions, virtually all the "elite" clones out there are NOT from a seed company, and that should tell you something.

D

Dubsta

My buddy classic breedz has a ak-47 line. I believe he actually got these seeds from Joey Weed its the best ak-47 i've seen, not a one hit wonder if you've been smoking ecsd or some Chemdog D though.. His personal ak budz ive tryed looked really similar to the picture joey weed has on hemp depot. I thought it was really good smoke. I know it throws a few cherry ak phenos also.

cannabeans

cannabeans

serious bubblegum....

ive been working bubblegum from seed. out of 10, three hermies, 5 females 1 male and one nothing at all.

first 3 females ran through summer in greenhouse, all nice but 1 keeper, using her for breeding.

working on the other 2 females and male right now

Top Bottom