Serious Seeds = Serious BS

• Thread starter peter tosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobman

another thing that was shocking to me was that no two plants were anything alike. nothing but diversity.

420king-MASSES

Any seed company selling packs where you have to start 20+ seed to get one decent pheno doesn't know what the fuck they are doing and shouldn't even be calling themselves a seed company. With a good breeder you shouldn't have to get "lucky" or have to make your own F2's to get a good plant - most if not all of the plants should be at least decent if the person who bred it knows what they are doing.

Sadly most seed banks and companies are a fucking joke. There are a few folks out there who know what they are doing like DJ Short, Chimera, and a few others, but for the most part, these so called "breeders" are a bunch of pollen chucking ass-monkeys who get lucky once in a while. Lately all most companies seem to do is rip off existing strains, or make fem seeds off so called "elite" clones. Most of them seem to just be in it for the money and care little about the quality of their seeds IMO.

When it comes down to is, private breeders are almost always produce the best strains. Did OG Kush and all its off-shoots come from a seed company originally? Sure didn't. How about Chemdog D, Sour D, Headband, and all the other diesels? Nope, not them either. Grandaddy Purps, Mendo Purps, Urkle, and Grape Ape? All from private breeders originally - but that hasn't stopped many seed companies from attempting to imitate those strains and selling seeds with the same name. With few exceptions, virtually all the "elite" clones out there are NOT from a seed company, and that should tell you something.

the two most respected breeders in the industry neville and shantibabba give out 18 seeds per pack

B

bluemoonrocks

dam this sucks im worried now..

i just got a bunch of beans from my buddy, all crossed by white russian.

whiterussian x whiterussian
strawberrycough x white russian
lemon skunk x white russian
pot of gold x white russian
ice x white russian

And i hope theyre okay just started them hopin theyre not gonna turn out like what you guys are talking about

420king-MASSES

White russian is a strain that almost every dutch seedbank carries also if its from serious seeds it depends on when your buddy scored his gear //also where not saying that you find a gem in todays packs its just you would probly have to buy 5-10 packs to find the gem nowadays unlike 5-5-7 years ago

C

cheech

Any seed company selling packs where you have to start 20+ seed to get one decent pheno doesn't know what the fuck they are doing and shouldn't even be calling themselves a seed company. With a good breeder you shouldn't have to get "lucky" or have to make your own F2's to get a good plant - most if not all of the plants should be at least decent if the person who bred it knows what they are doing.

Sadly most seed banks and companies are a fucking joke. There are a few folks out there who know what they are doing like DJ Short, Chimera, and a few others, but for the most part, these so called "breeders" are a bunch of pollen chucking ass-monkeys who get lucky once in a while. Lately all most companies seem to do is rip off existing strains, or make fem seeds off so called "elite" clones. Most of them seem to just be in it for the money and care little about the quality of their seeds IMO.

When it comes down to is, private breeders are almost always produce the best strains. Did OG Kush and all its off-shoots come from a seed company originally? Sure didn't. How about Chemdog D, Sour D, Headband, and all the other diesels? Nope, not them either. Grandaddy Purps, Mendo Purps, Urkle, and Grape Ape? All from private breeders originally - but that hasn't stopped many seed companies from attempting to imitate those strains and selling seeds with the same name. With few exceptions, virtually all the "elite" clones out there are NOT from a seed company, and that should tell you something.

huh.. wonder where those private breeders got their seeds from to make the elites... must of been land race cali strains :thinking:shake

i just grew out donk form spice of life.. each of the 4 girls from seed looked like carbon copies of each other.

i wasn't happy with my ak, just because i like 8 week strains... i still haven't cut them down, so i can't judge the finished product. the chronic turned out 1 bomb pheno.. of 5 girls, all looked similar, to the extent that you would think they were clones, but only one reeked of sourness.

both chronic and ak showed pre flowers in veg, which i thought was a plus.. i was able to ax the males well they were still small.

Illmind

Illmind

Who knows really. A lot of the clone onlys most likely are seed keepers from breeder packs at one point. Chems aren't that's already known but what about dude who grew the batch the seed was found in? Probably a SSSC offering I remember some real shit coming from them seeds but that's all speculation. People grow something from seed and change name all the time. It's not a good idea but people do it. Serious seeds has some good offerings there kali mist at least the 4 year old clone around is kali mist at its finest. Nothin like it crazy burnt smell crazy smell awesome flav till the end and great sativa buzz. I don't know about current packs but this clone isn't but 4 years old so can't be all that diffl.

southstreets

southstreets

yea but there are breeders out now where you can find 3 or 4 keepers!! ogr being the one!! i'd take his gear over shantis any day of the week.. imho... respected though theres no higher than shanti.... and the white russian i ran.. from current seed stock was mediocure at best!!

Z

Zissou Intern

haha man its like skateboarding.

tony hawk, alba, all the guys that started were the pioneers, doesnt mean they were the best.

but then came style and creativity. and yeah we still got respect for the originals, but the quality has taken over from the masses doing what they did.

EXACT same. like yeah i'll still show love and have respect, but that new shit is where its at boys.

420king-MASSES

I only used them as example of amount of beans in pack

Z

Zissou Intern

im going to use the auto neutral discussion ender.

"yeah but still"

you could say anything and end with that. you dont win or lose. its a tie.

THE SKY IS PURPLE

wtf its blue dude what are you talking about

YEAH BUT STILL
hahaha cracks me up everytime

homebrew420

homebrew420

im going to use the auto neutral discussion ender.

"yeah but still"

you could say anything and end with that. you dont win or lose. its a tie.

THE SKY IS PURPLE

wtf its blue dude what are you talking about

YEAH BUT STILL
hahaha cracks me up everytime

THat is awsome. hahaha

My problem with most of these seed companies is that the problems we seem to all be having is a the genetics themselves. This should NEVER be an issue when we are spending $10 a seed. It's horse shit! What the hell are these people doing? If you cant selectively breed these trait out...throw them away!!! Who needs an a stinking garden to go hem 6 weeks into flower? after spend so much cash to get something worth while? Frustrating to say the least..

Peace

M

mendel

I am also dissappointed with the newer seedlots coming out of serious. I have grown both the old and new versions of ak 47 and wr, and found the newer seedlots to be crap. Autoflowering, hermies, poor quality buds, just as others have described.

I take it serious isnt test growing before they send out seeds to resellers, if they were they would have noticed the problems before offering seed for sale.

B

bobman

here we go again full on balls

these aks are 6-7 weeks old. never root bound grown in perlite under 24/7 light. this is not normal or am i wrong. these things will throw pollen soon just showed up today. this is only one plant so far but i do not think it will be long before others start to do it.

Balls
TortureKill

TortureKill

Serious is one of the better companies that have been around. I really hope that this is just a slip up and the guys get things back on track..
I still got love for simon

TortureKill

TortureKill

Im glad I preserved my Cherry pheno man. The price of AK-47 has just gone up :D Im started the Cherry ak-47 BX seeds very soon.

Simons putting out some new strains, so we'll see where he goes from here. Im sure he will bounce right back from this. Hes a great breeder.

B

bobman

velvet- i have had what you have but i have also had really really heavy preflowering. the plants looked like they were at least 2 weeks into flower and if you cloned it it looked like a clone from a fully flowering plant. i put a couple into flower and 10-14 days later the buds were already the size of nerf footballs and needed to be staked. this is my 3rd pack so i will see what happens. do yours have an odor problem as well. very hard to keep its odor after drying and they hate plastic.

P

peter tosh

bobman- glad somebody else shares in my frustration, isnt that annoying?

i just gotta say fuck serious seeds and fuck simon for selling a shit product. i dont care how good he was in the past, he sucks now and obviously doesnt care about his reputation anymore or he wouldnt put out a shit product. i wouldnt look for a comeback anytime soon people. they guy has just stopped caring! these dutch are honestly starting to piss me off these days. why do you think adam from thseeds came back to the u.s.? the days of amsterdam being the weed mecca are gone. its america's time to shine now! sorry suckers, you had the ball, but you dropped it. and whats with these dutch rolling a joint mixed with tobacco? and i thought blunts were gross, thats just nasty! haha i feel better now.

Z

Zissou Intern

damn need a vent?

just cause one dutch dude doesnt mean you gotta disrespect like whole countries yo.

let alone how they enjoy their sunshine, what does it matter to you?

yeah thseeds need to pick up the slack but hey if you dont want a double cheeseburger dont buy it ya know

Top Bottom