Serious Talk CO2... (please read)

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

im growing in a apartment 8x8 room in master bedroom. i was thinking about usin a co2 tank for growth, but im worried about the neighbors and the c02 leaking. just concerned all around about using co2 fpr the first time. any info will help please. thanks

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

And what exactly r u afraid the co2 is goin 2 do 2 the neighbors when it leaks out? get all hopped up on meth and murder em while they sleep? :party0044:

-Keepz

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
DO NOT USE CO2 UNLESS YOU HAVE A CO2 CONTROLLER. CO2 IS DEADLY TO HUMANS AND PETS,There is alot of good info here just search.JACK

S

SweetIslandFunk

Carbon monoxide (CO)= poisonous
Carbon dioxide (Co2)= not poisonous in the levels you will be using. Just don't use too much

But if you think you might have leaks then you might want to seal it up first.

L

Lost

Carbon Dioxide is not poisonos but it will sure as fuck kill you. It will displace all the oxygen in the room and you will goto sleep and never wake up.. True story..

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

DO NOT USE CO2 UNLESS YOU HAVE A CO2 CONTROLLER. CO2 IS DEADLY TO HUMANS AND PETS,There is alot of good info here just search.JACK

Actually this is a good point, but his neighbors will b ok lol sorry guys i couldnt help myself -Keepz

L

Lost

Actually this is a good point, but his neighbors will b ok lol sorry guys i couldnt help myself -Keepz

Your right tho, leaking out of a room it would be so diluted as to not be a problem. Use a controller tho. If not sometimes you can go into your room and you'll start to get lightheaded and hopefully you remember to turn off the co2 and leave the room, lol.

I have heard from someone on this site that they have bombed with co2 before. I think they just opened up the bottle and left for a day... That'll kill anything but the plants and fungases, lol..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it would take quit a bit of co2 to kill a human. it takes 10,000 ppms 60 hours to kill 70% of the termites in the room in one study. it would take about 50,000 ppms about an hour for a human to lose consciousness. Co2 is in our soft drinks, shit our ozone is tested constantly at 391 ppms. the 1st signs of to much co2 is headaches, then dizziness and eventually unconsciousness.

just google it and look at the websites. not just yahoo answers or wikipedia. im not a doctor but i know CO2 is handed out so freely if it was able to kill people that easily, it would be way more regulated. i can go buy as many co2 tanks as i want whenever, no special permits or licenses required.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres what osha considers safe in a work place like a coca cola plant.

Safe levels of CO2 in the
workplace
Carbon dioxide is used to carbonate
the beverages in the
production of soft drinks.
While the containers are being
filled during the bottling process,
large volumes of carbon dioxide
are emitted from the fillers
into the filler room atmosphere.
As high concentrations of
CO2 are clearly hazardous,
most countries, including the
USA, have set workplace exposure
limits. In the United States,
the exposure limit is 5,000 parts
per million (ppm). Occupations
where carbon dioxide can rise to
dangerous levels include brewing
and carbonated drink industries.
In the United States, OSHA
(Occupational Safety & Health
Administration, U.S. Department
of Labor) requires the average
exposure limit of CO2 in
weight to remain at, or below,
5,000 ppm during an eight hour
working shift. Mr. Wilkinson explains:
“We purchased Vaisala’s
CARBOCAP transmitters to
monitor the levels of CO2 in
the filler room. The information
from the transmitters is
transmitted to the ABB Chart
Recorders. The chart recorders
monitor and log these levels.
When they sense levels over
4,900 ppm, an exhaust fan system
is activated to remove the
CO2 from the filler room. The
fans turn off once the level returns
to 1,000 ppm.”

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
did a bit more digging and came up with 70,000-100,000 ppms to kill you or 7-10% of the air you breath.

T

theslums

i appreciate everyones input. im js worried cause its my first time usin it and i dont have a good venting in this apartment. so whatever else u find ou let me know but im pretty sure i can figure out too thanks. this site is very useful compared to others!

T

theslums

ok so i dont kno if i put how many plants but im growing 12 plants in a 8x8 space in master bedroom. so i go to my local hydro store and one of the workers said i dont need a co2 tank.? what u guys think?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
8x8 is kinda big area what kinda light you using 1k? or is it just the room is 8x8? cuz i would try and get them 12 plants in a 5x5 area with a 1k over them if you could even a 6x6 is ok. CO2 will add yeild to your crop. you dont have to use it. but under a 1k you could get a 1/4 lbs more.

T

theslums

we built a 8x8 wall in the master bedroom wanted it to be room to walk in. yes im usin a 1000hps. but my question is do u think i should use the co2 ive me ur honest opinion on ur input i need to kno i want the best for the plants i have no ventilation in the room besides a 4ft carbon filter that blows the air back in the room no ducting

G

growgrow

i got a quick fix for ya.... buy a flow meter from hydrofarm... and turn it on every 3 hrs for 15 mins... do your flowchart calculations.... jsut make sure that when you run the co2... ur exhaust fan turns off for like 30 mins so you dont waste all the shit..... but make sure you use the flowmeter and formula... you should b good to go..

GROW!!!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
we built a 8x8 wall in the master bedroom wanted it to be room to walk in. yes im usin a 1000hps. but my question is do u think i should use the co2 ive me ur honest opinion on ur input i need to kno i want the best for the plants i have no ventilation in the room besides a 4ft carbon filter that blows the air back in the room no ducting

Get a CO2 controller if your going to run CO2 you will also need to run temps at 80 to 85 degrees for the CO2 to work, If your growing in an appartment I would spend money on odor control before I spent money on CO2, There are a 100 threads on using CO2 use the search You will learn alot...JACK

T

theslums

i have a carbon filter 4ft. so i dont actually need it then? tryna get the best yield but if i can yield good without ill worry bout it next grow

T

theslums

i need to know if i need co2 if i dont have ventilation in the room i have 4ft carbon filter blowing air back in the room. im vegging right now so not woried about it yet. i need to kno if i should get a co2 tank or will my yield be good without? please let me know tryna decide on this asap. linda dont have the money right now but ill make somethin happen. thanks

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
CO2 does help, but if this is your 1st grow you may be changing a few things as you try and get your room dialed in. so i would say get thru this grow, and possible another before you go the CO2 route. that way its one less thing for you to deal with. as for the 1k light i wouldnt try and cover bigger then a 6x6 area. ideal is 5x5. its cool to have more space in your room like you do. but don't try and fill it all up as the light will not be able to cover it all. your trying to get around 50 watts per sq ft, but a little less is fine.

1000 watt
4x4=16 sq ft-62.5 watts per sq ft
5x5=25 sq ft-40 watts per sq ft
6x6=36 sq ft- 27.7 watts per sq ft.

Top Bottom